Saturday, January 30, 2010

Basketball & Stuff

Sydney surprised us this fall when she told us that she would be trying out for the freshman basketball team. She did not have much experience with this sport- a short stint in the 7th grade & a few months of church ball... had never really even expressed an interest. She thought that after recovering from mono, she had better do something to help her get into shape for the spring soccer season. I was pretty proud of her for making that decision, though I didn't realize what kind of time commitment that it would require. It also didn't help that her school is across town and practices were often at 5:00 in the evening, every day that there was not a game.
The season ended last week, though. Sydney seemed to enjoy it for the most part, but claims that she will not play next year. We shall see...




Reilly played for her school as well. She, however, absolutely loved playing and (to my horror) signed up to play CYBA (a city league) this winter after her school season was over. Don't get me wrong... I love watching my kids in all of their activities, but I also enjoy a little down time. We used to have this during the winter months. Now, with TKD, basketball and indoor soccer, our week nights & Saturdays are pretty much packed. I guess it could be worse, though... we all could be plopped in front of the tv every night, right?




Griffin, thank God, is only involved in one sport right now. He attends TKD classes 3-4 times a week. When he's not in class, he is trying to avoid doing his homework.
HH and I will accompany him to a tourney in St. Louis this weekend. I'm really looking forward to some quality alone time with my boys. This will be Griff's first time competing as a black belt. It should be interesting...



3 comments:

Betsy said...

Are those Megan's girls in the photo with your kids and your mom?? SO CUTE!! The little one looks JUST like her! :)

EE said...

Yep... all 3 are Megan's kids, along with Reilly and my mom.

Terri and Bob said...

Yowser, you are a busy girl! Your mom looks fabulous as usual. If I didn't love her so much I could easily hate her! :-)