Saturday, November 07, 2009

Licensed To Drive


Above photo was taken on Tuesday morning BEFORE Sydney took her written test for her driver's permit for the first time.
Notice, how happy and excited she looks.
As we exited the testing center, she did not appear so joyous. In fact, she was down-right upset.
You see, she failed her first test EVER.
Her geometry teacher, who happened to be in the waiting room, tried to cheer her up by telling her, "If it's any consolation, I just graded your last quiz, and you got a hundred."
I tried to ease her pain by telling her that I don't think that I ever even passed a geometry test when I was her age.
Yeah, neither worked for this over-achiever. She was upset and embarrassed.
So, she went home and REALLY studied her driver's manual. She also took practice exams on the internet.
The next morning, we made the trek (the bureau was across town) and she PASSED her exam.
I can't believe that she's going to be driving on her own in less than a year.
Man, I feel old!

5 comments:

C.A. said...

Tell Syd your fried has a son who is 27 now who almost flunked it THREE times, and just barely squeeked by. He then proceeded to flunk the DRIVING part of the test two times. He's a bad test taker.

I feel awful for her, but know she's going to do great on the next one.

:)

Betsy said...

My mother (age 57), who has been driving for 46 YEARS, let her license expire and had to take the written test all over...guess what?! SHE FAILED!!! She literally had to call my dad to come pick her up because they wouldn't let her drive!!! Needless to say, she too went home and studied, took the test the next morning and this time passed with flying colors!! HAHAHAHAHA!

CrazyDeb said...

I can't believe she's old enough to get a permit!!! Tell her congrats on passing - she's an amazing young lady.

Terri and Bob said...

I truly believe this will make her a good driver! I failed the driving portion of my test three times (and I have a spotless record now!) so I really became tuned in on the rights and wrongs of it!

Wait til she marries... that's when OLD kicks in...

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I didn't fail my written test...but I did fail the driving test for the actual license the first time I took it.

Congrats to Sydney!! And Hugs to you! :)