Saturday, September 05, 2009
Now Eligible For Her Driver's Permit
On September 2nd, Sydney turned 15.
It was a pretty lame birthday, though she's too polite to admit it.
She went to school, but called to me to pick her up early because she was exhausted.
She spent the rest of the day napping and doing homework.
HH and I were busy running Griff & Reilly around that evening (baseball games/ Tae Kwon Do practice)
I'm not sure she even ate dinner, & I know that she didn't enjoy a birthday dessert.
On Friday, though, our schedules were free and she was feeling much stronger.
We took one of her best friends to the mall with us, and then we went to dinner at Noodles and Company.
I love the friend that went along. She is outgoing and very fun... also, a wealth of information;)
Reilly & I were all ears, listening to the outpouring of dramatic tales from their junior high.
Anyway, here are 15 fun favorites of the birthday girl:
1. Favorite Athlete/Team: Albert Pujols/ St. Louis Cardinals
2. Favorite Fruit: Raspberries
3. Favorite Singer: Taylor Swift
4. Favorite Store: American Eagle
5. Favorite TV Shows: Wizards of Waverly Place/ Chopped (on the Food Network. yeah, i had never heard of it)
6. Favorite Restaurant: Huhot Mongolian Grill
7. Favorite Movies: Get Smart/ Twilight
8. Favorite School Subject: Lunch (not the food, the social aspect)
9. Favorite Website: Facebook
10. Favorite Biblical Character: Ruth ("... because she has her own book in the bible, and that's cool!")
11. Favorite Nail Polish Color: Lime Green
12. Favorite Celebrity Crush: Zac Effron
13. Favorite Joke: A blonde wanted to go ice fishing. She'd seen many books on the subject, and finally, after getting all the necessary items together, she made for the nearest frozen lake.
After positioning her footstool, she started to make a circular cut in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed, "There are no fish under the ice!"
Startled, the blonde moved further down the ice and began to cut yet another hole. Again, from the heavens, the voice bellowed, "There are no fish under the ice!"
The blonde, now quite worried, moved way down to the opposite end of the ice, sat up her stool, and tried again to cut her hole. The voice came once more, "There are no fish under the ice!"
She stopped, looked skyward, and said, "Is that you, Lord?"
The voice replied, "No, manager of this ice rink!"
14. Favorite Candy: Sour Patch Kids
15. Favorite Parent: (When you ask a stupid question...)