Sunday, May 03, 2009

You Learn Something New Every Day (Vol. 2)


About a month ago, my mom brought over several ingredients for a recipe that's supposed to make drinking water a little bit more appealing. I was scanning the items that were lined up on the counter, when I spotted something that I had never layed eyes on before. "What the heck is that?" I asked. To me, it looked like an internal organ or a voodoo doll. She proceeded to tell me that it was ginger root & that the recipe called for it to be grated and put into the drink. I was a little freaked out, as I don't typically enjoy brown floaties in my water.
When Sydney got home from school that afternoon, she tracked me down and asked, "What are you going to make with the Ginger Root that's in the kitchen?"
I was dumbfounded.
I turned to her and asked how she knew what that was. She replied, "Mom, I watch TV."
I should have known... her favorite channel is the Food Network. How on earth did I wind up with this child???

4 comments:

Terri and Bob said...

I have heard of this water and am interested in what you thought. It was in a book called The Flat Belly Diet or something like that!

Angie said...

Oooh. That looks tasty. Link?

Karla and Ben said...

So, how is the water?!? Can you really drink it with all of the stuff floating in it? I looked for chocolate covered pretzels in Belgium... I couldn't find any!

SOUL: said...

happy mothers day E -
hope it's the best ever!!