Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Yankees Are Coming! The Yankees Are Coming!

A couple of weekends ago, the kids and I went to a Civil War reenactment with my dad and nephew. I wasn't really invited, but tagged along, as I was hoping to score a photo of a period person wearing a fanny pack (one of my favorite blogs right now is Fanny Pack Antics).
Despite the cool weather and the mud, we enjoyed watching the mock battle. I had forgotten how loud these recreations are. I loved looking around to see all of the bystanders covering their ears. It was pretty comical.
After the battle, we walked around and toured the war camps. Bobby even shelled out $16 for Root Beer... he never would have done that when I was a kid;)









3 comments:

Terri and Bob said...

I have always wanted to go to one of these. I didn't know they were loud. Gotta check out that blog. Love your photos. I am a HUGE root beer fan. I'd go just for that.

CrazyDeb said...

Dad's do all kinds of things for grandkids they didn't do for their kids. Maybe it's because they have more $ and less responsibility at this time of life. At least that's what I tell myself about my parents! :o) Glad you went and glad you had a good time.

Salacious Soul said...

Great shots! The American Civil War is very interesting. I remember learning about it as a kid. Funny, most Australians know more about the American wars than we do about our own. ha ha. Actually, that's probably because we haven't really had any wars... but you get what I mean.