Saturday, May 23, 2009

Inappropriate Photo Op?


I am the family historian and photograph all aspects of our lives- the good & the bad, the appropriate & not-so-appropriate...

I believe the girls were 2 and 4 at the time this picture was taken. We had gone with my mother to the cemetery in Russellville to visit her sister's grave on this particular Memorial Day. Of course, I wanted to record this moment.
Sydney, even at age 4, was fully aware that this was not something the typical mother requests of her daughters.
It took several minutes of cajoling and coaxing, but I finally got my photo.
Sydney, however, had the final say on the subject...
"I'll sit here, but I'm not going to smile."

4 comments:

Karla and Ben said...

I actually think its nice that you took the girls to the cemetery and were telling the about their aunt at such a young age. Perhaps its telling that we are friends b/c I didn't think it was inappropriate. :-)

SOUL: said...

inappropriate- or not-- i have a few of these myself. i'm sure we'll hear about it later regardless. :))
happy weekend.

Terri and Bob said...

That makes me laugh! I think my mother took a picture of my sis and I at my great grandparents gravesite. The photo is black and white and really eerie.

CrazyDeb said...

Not inappropriate - it was Memorial Day and you were honoring your aunt's memory. Ok, well, it's not inappropriate in my life since Dad worked at the funeral home when I was growing up so I think differently about these kinds of things.