Saturday, April 11, 2009

You Learn Something New Every Day

This may be TMI.
But, I am the queen of TMI, so I'm going to tell you anyway...

This morning, I was gathering clothes before getting in the shower. I was partially dressed (all the important parts covered) when I entered my bedroom, where Reilly and HH were watching tv. I reached inside my dresser and HH said, "What is that on your side? Is that a birthmark?"
I happen to have a baseball-size birthmark that spans the left side of my rib cage. I have had it since birth.
After 15 years of living with me, my husband just now noticed this.
Thank God, I have never been in an accident where my identity was in question due to disfigurement of my face.
I take solace in the fact that before this incident, HH just might have made a positive identification based on my stretch marks...
Men can be so clueless!

8 comments:

SOUL: said...

there is no single word to describe the ignorance of men. don't feel alone-- mine prolly doesn't know the color of my eyes! :))

"all i know is she fishes and blogs, officer"

:))

happy easter!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

That's something my bonehead husband would do!! LOL

I always tell Mr. Schmitty that he wouldn't see a giant polka dotted elephant in the room.

Terri and Bob said...

I asked Bob if he knew if I had any birthmarks. I have two. One on my leg and one on my neck. He did not know of either. We have been married 32 years (almost). He is going to do a full body inspection tonight. (not as romantic as it might sound.)

Anonymous said...

中国公文网 中国皮肤网 中国呼吸网 肿瘤 癌症康复网 工作总结 个人工作总结 年终工作总结 半年工作总结 单位工作总结 教师工作总结 安全工作总结 团委工作总结 班主任工作总结 党支部工作总结 办公室工作总结 工作报告 述职报告 述职述廉 自查报告 调研报告 调查报告 辞职报告 实习报告 工作汇报 思想汇报 汇报材料 心得体会 读后感 演讲稿 竞聘演讲 活动策划 工作方案 实施方案 事迹材料 先进事迹 个人事迹 申报材料 自我鉴定 工作计划 年度工作计划 个人工作计划 民主生活会 入党申请书 党性分析材料整改措施 剖析材料 论文

CrazyDeb said...

I have a birthmark like that on my side, too! My husband has never noticed it - oh wait, I don't have a husband. LOL

Janel@Dandelion Dayz said...

Clueless indeed! That is too funny. They really are just not aware of the details sometimes!

I once asked Hubby if he could identify any special markings on me - not one!

Karla and Ben said...

LMAO! That is great!

Lala's world said...

o.m.g....tooo funny!