Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tracking Santa, Baking Cookies, Nana's Undies & A Joke Book

On Monday, Aunt Debbie, the kids and I traveled to JC to bake cookies with Nana. My nieces & nephew, just back from their ski trip, also joined us.
Nana had it all set up for us to bake three different types of cookies: sugar, candy cane & mnm.
Of course, the kids and I lost interest about half-way through & wound up raiding Nana's dress-up closet. Actually, it was just the kids that raided the closet. I sat on my butt and watched Nana & Aunt Debbie scramble around the kitchen trying to finish everything up. Yes, I have the attention span of a child in the kitchen, but you already knew that;)
Before losing interest, though, I made a few suggestions to try to put a modern twist on the traditional cookies. Our angel cookies had staches & pit hair. Check out our photos...


















My favorite quote from the day came from Griffin (regarding Nana)... "She kept bending over and all I could see was Victoria Secret".
I'll bet that she really hates it that he is finally able to read;) I'd love to show you the photos that I snapped, but then I'd probably have to kiss my Nike puffy jacket goodbye.
You're welcome, Nana.

If you'd like to track Santa tomorrow, be sure and click here.

Oh, before I go, please hop on over to LULU and check out Alpha Dude's new book. I've been reading Alpha Dude's blog for the last few years. He is a fantastic writer & a genuinely funny guy. I'm ordering mine right after Christmas... you should, too!!!!

Merry Christmas & TTFN

5 comments:

Rose said...

Looks like some great costumes for Halloween next year. Please hold the stache on my cookie. Merry Christmas!

Terri and Bob said...

I love the photos, but my fave was the headless angel.

Tell your mom I love what I saw of the kitchen. I bet she is glad it is done!

Merry Christmas!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Thanks for plug for my book.
Thanks even more the nice things you said.

It looks to me like you all had a deliciously good time. It makes me a little said to think that all our Christmas cookies are now gone, cause I am now craving some more.

Blessings.

CrazyDeb said...

Your mother has the patience of a saint! Love Grif's comment - made me laugh out loud - Sorry Darla! Hope you all had a most wonderful Christmas!!!!!

CrazyDeb said...

And thanks for the info on Alpha Dude's book! I'm headed his way to check it out. He's such a great guy!