Saturday, December 13, 2008

Still Catching Up...

In November, I was sparring for the first time during a TKD class. I stuck my hand out to block a kick, and got my left index finger broken (at the knuckle). It happened during the first 30 seconds that I was on the mat. Yep, it was pretty embarrassing. My family accused me of milking the situation. PuH Leez. One cannot be expected to cook dinner or do laundry with an injury like that;)
Actually, it was rather inconvenient. You just don't realize how much you use your index finger, until you can't.


I think I told you about Reilly's 3v3 team getting 3rd place in the 3v3 soccer tournament that they played in November. I don't think that I posted pictures, but I very well could have and just don't remember. In any case, take a good long look. I doubt that we will EVER again see her in hot pink. What a shame.
Notice the picture of her with her friend and teammate, P. Don't they look like twins? You should see them on the regular soccer fields... I can't tell them apart.




6 comments:

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Ouch! I'd milk it too! LOL

Great pictures of your daughter!

Terri and Bob said...

Absolutely I would do the same.... after all, no one cares about our bumps and bruises so we HAVE to make a big deal about them.

LOVE the hot pink. It is actually a great color for your DD!

Janel@Dandelion Dayz said...

Oh, I would SO be milking that. I hope it is all better now. And your eyes look very green and beautiful in the photo!

Great pics of your daughter playing soccer - Congrats to her!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Sorry to hear about your finger. I know how much that hurts.
(I am strongly resisting all temptation to make any nose-picking related jokes)

Through all my years in the martial arts, I have had a broken knuckle and a broken toe (broke the other guy's nose on that one).

My prayers go out to you for quick healing and much sympathy from the family.

Blessings.

Angie said...

Yeah, Erika won't wear hot pink willingly either:) Great action shots, as always!

SOUL: said...

awwww.. you have all those strong healthy kids that you taxi all over town, and there you are all broke fingered, and in pain. you tell them there's no milking to it. it's their duty to take care of you when your down. cook, clean, sweep, mop, wash, and get their own selves to school for that matter.
things like this can be serious.
bah.
:))
nice christmas card btw---thanks :))