Saturday, December 06, 2008

Still Catching Up

This morning, although I have a ton of things that I should be doing, I'm afraid to move around very much. My ears are absolutely killing me (probably a Meniere's attack), and I'm afraid that if I get up I'll become extremely naseaus/dizzy. I don't think that I want to go there quite yet, so I'm going to have to come up with projects/ activities that I can do from my bed/couch today.
Usually, I wouldn't complain but I'd prefer to be out doing "Christmasy" things with the kids and getting my basement in order. The upstairs looks great and I truly hate even going down to the basement because that's HH's terrain. It's also feels like it's 10 degrees colder down there. I hate the cold.
Anyway, thought I'd share with you a few more events/activities that I failed to mention this fall.

-My mom turned 60 on November 20th. On her actual birthday, she and my dad drove to my town and we had dinner at Flat Branch with Aunt Debbie. Of course, I took a ton of pictures. Unfortunately, I accidentally moved my I Photo application on my computer to my trash can (I have a MAC) and deleted a ton of pictures. Luckily, I had backed up most of the events in this application, but I did lose a majority of mom's birthday & Thanksgiving photos:(
After Christmas, I'm going to save up and invest in Time Machine.
Anyway, here are the photos that I still have from the evening. It's disgusting how young she still looks;)





-Do you remember how Reilly started training for the pull-up (or chin-up) test at school, 7 or 8 months ago? Well, the hard work paid off, and she was able to do 1 pull-up for the test. We were all ecstatic.
Her training consisted of push-ups at home and trips to the park/school for actual pull-ups with a bar. Here are a few photos of one of her sessions at our neighborhood park. I also included a few of HH, for no other reason than he is just so darn hot:)




Oops. Just realized that I was so enamored by HH's strength and good looks... I forgot to take pictures of my daughter:o
No, actually, they're somewhere. I'll try to dig them up later, as well as post more catch-up stuff...
TTFN

6 comments:

Terri and Bob said...

Your mom is breathtakingly lovely. Inside and out.

I too have a Mac, love it, would have nothing else.

Karla and Ben said...

Hey. I've been lurking lately... sorry for the lack of comments. Your mom looks the same as when she was my 9th grade English teacher. Amazing.

I had to google "Meniere's" disease. That sucks. When did that start?

I can't believe you left Facebook. I liked keeping up on your antics... Of course, I wondered how you got everything done. :-)

Are you going to be this way over Christmas?

-Karla

Anonymous said...

Erin, You should get Timecapsule... it will wirelessly back up your computer and use the Time Machine program. It acts as a router, external hard drive and will clean your house (just kidding). You can get a "terabyte" of storage...not sure how much exactly that is, but it stores ALOT of data! It is nice because you do not have to remember to plug anything in!
Caroline

CrazyDeb said...

Your mom is so beautiful and is just as beautiful inside. She is always such a sweetheart. Then there's HH who is showing off doing a one handed pull up. What a man!

Janel@Dandelion Dayz said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better!

Great photos and happy birthday to your mom - she does look amazing!

Alice said...

You are so genetically blessed!! Look at your mom!!! =O Hope you feel better, girlie...igh