Monday, December 08, 2008

The Christmas MEME

Saw this MEME over at Janel's blog...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping Christmas gifts. Birthday gifts... not so much. So, wrapping paper at Christmas. Well, I did cheat a little bit this year and used three small gift bags for gift cards.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Definitely artificial. I don't remember ever having a real one. We have a gorgeous prelit tree that we bought a couple of years ago at Dillards, I think... no hassle, no mess. As for the aroma... I have candles for that.

3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up the weekend before Thanksgiving, but this year we didn't get around to it until the weekend after.

4. When do you take the tree down? I like to keep it up until after the 1st, but usually get antsy do it a few days after Christmas. After college, when I was living in an apartment with my friend, Melissa, we kept ours up until Easter one year.

5. Do you like eggnog? I honestly don't know. I know that I've tried it, but I don't remember what it tastes like. It obviously didn't leave much of an impression on me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Atari gaming system with Pac-man & Donkey Kong.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Definitely HH... absolutely impossible to buy for.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Griffin... star wars, pokemon, nerf

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we do.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail. I guess I don't use snail mail as often as I should... didn't realize that postage was now 42 cents. Does anyone else out there think that is absolutely ridiculous?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It must have been so traumatically awful that I blocked it out. I can't think of a single really horrible Christmas gift. Now, every year I receive gifts that would be great for someone else, but I don't think they're truly bad gifts.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life/ Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually in October. I'm generally finished before Thanksgiving... though I always wind up buying little things right up until Christmas. One year, I'd like to wait to start my shopping until mid December. I'd probably save a ton of $$$.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure that I've regifted, but don't remember specifically what gift it would have been. Typically, I'd just say to someone, "Hey. I got this for Christmas and won't use it. Do you want it?"

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's sugar cookies & stuffing

16. Lights on the tree? lots of white lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? At this very moment... "Sleighride".

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually go to Aunt Debbie's house on Christmas Day... 2 blocks away, baby!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Can't everyone?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a santa on top of mine. But, I have angel and star ornaments on my tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually let the kids open up one gift apiece on Christmas Eve after church.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm with Janel... mean people.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Last year, it was my ghetto ornaments, but this year it would have to be the kid's ornaments. I'm feeling a bit sentimental.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mashed potatoes, ham, stuffing, cookies, Aunt Debbie's Fudge

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Nike puffy jacket and dishes (from my parents). From HH and the kids, I already got a sword for TKD. Jealous, aren't you??

3 comments:

Janel@Dandelion Dayz said...

You are in TKD? I almost thought about taking it because I love cardio kickboxing so much, but then I decided it would be way too much work. ;) A sword - I need a sword.

42 cents is absolutely ridiculous. Postage is going to cost me almost as much as the stinkin' cards.

I love Elf. I forgot about that one! Funnies Christmas movie ever.

Thanks for playing!

Biddy said...

i'm fairly certain you are the ONLY person I know that's getting a sword for christmas!

talk about ultimate mom tool..."KID! do NOT make me get my sword!"

yeah,i'm going to invest in some forever stamps cause it just keeps going up!

C.A. said...

Dang it, woman, a SWORD is on the top of my list too! *wink*

I miss you...is it possible to miss someone you've never met or heard their voice? Of course it is!

Hugs....

C.A.