Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Lunch Lady

Updated 9/5/08:
Erin,
I don’t know how to make comments on a blog, but I have to let you know this.

The cashier at (insert Reilly's school) is our old neighbor, S. and when my kids are being naughty, I say “if you don’t shape up, I’ll take you to S.’s”. Poor little Lukie has never seen this woman, but the big boys have him so scared of her that the mere mention of her name gets him to behave. They call her the witch and think that I actually sent them to her house when they were little. She is so mean and scary. I always gave her home-grown tomatoes so she would be nice to me. I have many S. stories and will share them with Reilly next time I see her. I actually got her the job at (insert Reilly's school) many, many years ago when I worked for the school system. She retired from being the bridal registry lady at (insert store name) and scared off many a bride from registering for china.

You are doing the absolute right thing by not having her face her. I can’t wait to share this with all who know about my threats to take to S.’s!!!!

You can use this in your blog if you want.
(insert friend's name)


Purchased because Reilly is TERRIFIED of the cashier in the school cafeteria...

9 comments:

C.A. said...

Ok, you made me laugh again.

That makes me think of that skit Adam Sandler and Chris Farley did on Saturday Night Live years ago, where Farley was dressed up like a frightening lunch lady, complete with cat glasses and big mole with hair growing out of it. Now THAT was scary!

Angie said...

Oh no! I hope middle school is going well otherwise!

Alice said...

Ahhh, lunchables. Make packing the ol' lunch in the AM SO much easier.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Well, at least she's eating healthy stuff.

Blessings.

Jana said...

You crack me up!

I love your blog...

Mine...not so much, pretty boring lately... I just need to get on and post!

CrazyDeb said...

Back in the dark ages when I was in school everyone working in the lunch room was scary!!! Bless her heart and bless your's for not making her face this scary woman every day.

Terri and Bob said...

Ok, I blew spit everywhere when I read this, because I am afraid of the lunch cashier at my school too. We should start a club.

Megan said...

didn't we all have that mean neighbor or mean teacher when we were growing up? HOW FUNNY!

CrazyDeb said...

Ok, the addition to this made me laugh out loud!!! We had a really strange old woman who lived next door - Miss Vera. She probably wasn't nearly as old as I thought and she would not open the door more than a couple of inches and peek out. OOOO - gives me the shudders remembering her.