Monday, September 29, 2008

Heritage Highlights

-Beautiful girls... Beautiful scenery?

- Julie and I waited in line for almost an hour so that the kids could make these...:o


-Did I mention that Julie & I were waiting in line with the hot sun bearing down on us for almost an hour, so that our children could make these measely candles. They, in turn, took shade under a tree and texted their friends on Reilly's cell.

-See the head tilt? Like mother, like daughters...

-Remember the bribe? It was a ten dollar sword. Totally worth it!

-Possum Purses. You want one, don't you?

-I have pictures of Reilly & Deidre milking these same cows, like 5 years ago. None like this, though... they were REALLY going after it! They must have been trying for chocolate milk;)


-Speaking of "going after it"... you should have seen Reilly "go after" the corn dog. The rest of us scarfed down funnel cake and snow cones...



-This frontiersman tried to trade some blue beads for my 14 year old daughter (notice that she wouldn't stand that close to him during the picture). I told him that I'd consider it in a year or two, as she's still pretty valuable to me (she cooks dinner for the fam...enough said). He then offered me a rifle for the whole group. It was tempting, but I had to decline.


-Reilly, actually helping her brother on the stilts... this one's definitely going in the scrapbook!!!

- Griff was definitely a good sport about having to spend the day with a bunch of girls. I think by this time, though, I was regretting the whole bribe thing...

5 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

OH MY!! possum purses...really?

i am a little skeeerd!

Angie said...

Man. I'm bummed I missed the Heritage Festival this year. Looks like you guys had a great time:)

SOUL: said...

that looks like loads of fun!
even griff had fun. nuthin like terrorizin a bunch a girls eh? :))

hope you and yours are doin great E

Megan said...

OK, seriously! Can I come crash the Heritage Festival with you next year???? This has to be the best post ever....laughed the entire way through it.
Anyway, i want an invite next year.....

imaeskimo said...

I have always wanted a possum purse! Where can I get one?