Friday, September 05, 2008
Another Birthday, Another Break, Goodbye Braces
We celebrated another birthday this past week. Yeah, what were we thinking? 3 summer birthdays...boom, boom, boom.
Because of this lack of planning, Sydney is the child who tends to get the shaft. By the time her birthday comes around, we are usually pretty "birthdayed" (I know, not a word) out.
Sydney turned 14 years old on September 2nd.
How did she celebrate her birthday? Unfortunately, it was with a visit to the Orthopedist.
She tripped playing soccer this past weekend and wound up with a very small buckle fracture to her upper humerus.
Luckily, she didn't have to be casted.
She is truly bummed that she will be unable to play soccer and go to Tae Kwon Do for the next 3-4 weeks.
I tell you, it's always SOMETHING at our house.
14 Things You Should Know About Sydney:
1. She is a genius with olive oil & the George Foreman grill (though not together)
2. She has a beautiful smile... especially now that her braces are off (happened Wednesday).
3. She constantly worries about other people's feelings.
4. She hates tattoos.
5. She loves watching Football, Baseball and ESPN.
6. She doesn't mind public speaking. She doesn't stress out about giving oral reports or doing a skit in front of her class or an audience.
7. She's a fantastic student... Honor's Algebra/ Honor's English.
8. She has the cutest darn laugh. Sometime, I'll try to catch it on video for you.
9. She's organized, but a total slob. Her room drives me crazy!
10. She loves to shop, but worries that we're spending too much money.
11. She's a self-motivator (except when it comes to her room). I never have to tell her to do her homework, condition for soccer, or practice TKD forms.
12. She's riding the bus for the first time this year (though, not since the injury) and absolutely hates it.
13. She is not a picky eater and loves to try new things.
14. She thinks her mom is absolutely nuts, but loves her anyway;)