Monday, August 18, 2008
Nine Reasons To Love Griffin
Today is Griffin's birthday. He's nine years old. I can't believe that next year, all of my kids will be in double digits. I know that it's so cliche to talk about how quickly the kids grow up, but it's so dang true!
So, I'm going to tell you nine things about my boy...
1. He collects Pokemon cards. Not only does he collect them, but they are his obsession.
2. He looks like me. He acts like me. Because of this, at times we totally butt heads.
3. He loves Shakespeare's pizza and chicken sandwiches from McDonalds.
4. He is a huge Star Wars fan. He loves the movies, the toys, the games.... you name it, he has it or he's plotting how to obtain it.
5. He's a slob. His room is a wreck and that is totally ok with him. The bug people came to spray outside the house a few weeks ago. We had to bring them in to do Griff's room because there were ants... gross!!!!!!
6. He hates to run. I've never seen him move faster than a slow jog.
7. He is amazing with legos. The kid can look at any picture, and construct the exact likeness with these blocks. It's pretty amazing.
8. He's quick to cry... like his mom (off of her Effexor). He cries when he's embarrassed which in turn makes him angry. Then, he clam's up and drawing him out is almost impossible.
9. He's witty, funny, has lots of friends and genuinely cares about people's feelings. He's a great kid and I wouldn't trade him for the world!!!!