Monday, August 18, 2008

Nine Reasons To Love Griffin










Today is Griffin's birthday. He's nine years old. I can't believe that next year, all of my kids will be in double digits. I know that it's so cliche to talk about how quickly the kids grow up, but it's so dang true!
So, I'm going to tell you nine things about my boy...
1. He collects Pokemon cards. Not only does he collect them, but they are his obsession.
2. He looks like me. He acts like me. Because of this, at times we totally butt heads.
3. He loves Shakespeare's pizza and chicken sandwiches from McDonalds.
4. He is a huge Star Wars fan. He loves the movies, the toys, the games.... you name it, he has it or he's plotting how to obtain it.
5. He's a slob. His room is a wreck and that is totally ok with him. The bug people came to spray outside the house a few weeks ago. We had to bring them in to do Griff's room because there were ants... gross!!!!!!
6. He hates to run. I've never seen him move faster than a slow jog.
7. He is amazing with legos. The kid can look at any picture, and construct the exact likeness with these blocks. It's pretty amazing.
8. He's quick to cry... like his mom (off of her Effexor). He cries when he's embarrassed which in turn makes him angry. Then, he clam's up and drawing him out is almost impossible.
9. He's witty, funny, has lots of friends and genuinely cares about people's feelings. He's a great kid and I wouldn't trade him for the world!!!!

13 comments:

Lizzi said...

Happy Birthday Griff!

Those nine years go by pretty fast, don't they?

C.A. said...

I am crazy about that kid and I don't even KNOW him!

Happy B-day Griffin! YOU ROCK!

Megan said...

so fun to read!!!!! Happy Bday Griffin

Mrs. Scuba said...

Happy Birthday Griffin.....I LOVE the arm-pit picture :)

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Griffin!

and just for fun:
#10. He's got a mom that rocks!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Griffin!

and just for fun:
#10. He's got a mom that rocks!

CrazyDeb said...

He's a good looking guy.
He's a lot of fun.
Years ago he let an "old" woman play cars with him at church even though he didn't know her very well. He captured my heart that day!
He's great at KWD
He loves his family!

Yep - GREAT kid!!!

Happy Birthday Griff!!!!

mistihollrah said...

Happy Birthday!

We had the same nursery set from Pottery Barn...I see the moon bed ruffle, quilt, pillow case! I stenciled the saying around the bedroom in navy! :-)

Alice said...

My little on ejust turned 9 too. And by your description... they would be like BEST FREINDS if they ever met (as I sit with 14 Star Wars characters scatterd around my desk)!! ;)

Terri and Bob said...

Happy birthday, even if I am a bit late...

I love Shakespeare's, too... we love their pepperoni!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Happy Birthday Griffin.

Sorry I missed it.

KK said...

Oh Happy Birthday to Griffin. He is going to be a heartbreaker!

Effexor Prescription Medication said...

My name is Judith Haven and i would like to show you my personal experience with Effexor.

I am 37 years old. Have been on Effexor for at least 1 years now. As soon as I was on the beginning dose I could feel releave from my anxiety. My family life is so much better. My kids notice it. They applaud my for taking the side affects for a better live with them. No explosive episode any more.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Nightsweats, I have twitches if I forget a dose.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Judith Haven