Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good Riddance

Added later: I got all caught up in the "friend" drama and forgot to tell you what the "friend" actually was:)
They're pretty sure it's just a cyst. It is being biopsied (sp) this week. The doctors say that it is fairly common and that it is most likely nothing. The dermatologist was surprised with it's size once she got in there, though. She initially thought that it would require a stitch or two. Sydney wound up with 9 stitches...3 on the bottom- 6 on the top.
I'll keep you informed.
Oh, and I normally cannot handle things like this (I pass out easily), but for some unknown reason, it didn't bother me. Maybe I should think about a career in medical photography;)
Warning: Graphic photos ahead...


Today, Sydney had to say goodbye to a "friend".
She's had this "friend" for the past couple of years.
This "friend" just kind of appeared out of nowhere.
While Syd did not mind this "friend", she found this "friend" a little annoying at times.
But, she tolerated this "friend".
Her other friends did not understand this "friend".
I think this "friend" made them a little uncomfortable.
To tell you the truth, I had mixed feelings about this "friend".
I mean, this "friend" seemed harmless enough, but I erred on the side of caution and had this "friend" checked out.
It was decided that, while this "friend" was not dangerous, it was time for this "friend" to go.
Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye to a "friend", but this particular "friend" had worn out it's welcome.
This afternoon we had to literally cut this "friend" out of our lives.
Good riddance!
(If you'd like to see this "friend" up close & personal, click on the photos)







14 comments:

Alice said...

Oh MY... what the hell IS that and HOW did you not pass out snapping pics?! =O

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Yes, what Alice said! I would have hit the floor!

Anonymous said...

I don't get it....did HH take the pics? You usually pass out!!

C.A. said...

Is that Lipoma? Man, she is one tough chick. Kudos to S.! Good riddance to the "friend"

~*~Jenni~*~ said...

Holy heck! What the heck was that?!?!?!?!??!

At least she was smiling, so it must not have hurt!

Megan said...

Yikes!!!!!! Thanks for posting the warning AFTER I already looked at the photos!
Glad it was nothing serious!

CrazyDeb said...

Glad she got rid of the "friend" - she doesn't need any weird things like that.

NanaD said...

With a "friend" like that, who needs enemies????" I'm glad that friend is out of her life forever!
I pray that she will be able to rid herself of any and all undesirable friends in the future as easily as this one.

Rose said...

Anyone place any bets on the "friend's" true identity..extra finger...eww....

Household Executive said...

loved the pics. i love popping zits and gross stuff like that. i can't believe the size of that thing. what was it? hard?

Biddy said...

i'm a bit light headed, but i still can't stop looking at these pictures (enlarged, of course). i'm so weird like that.

and what an odd little "friend"!

Terri and Bob said...

I had one of those on the back of my head. No one would come with me when I had mine removed but it looked just like your "friend." I had the same number of stitches,too. You can't see them though as my hair covers the little scar. It hasn't come back, either!

John DeMarco said...

That is so crazy because this week I just had a similar thing removed from the inside of my foot. The doctors did the exact same thing and pulled it out with tweezers. I even took pictures of it just like you. Too weird of a coincidence. Take care,
John

Jennifer said...

I had a sebacious cyst removed from behind my left ear a few years ago, a similar outpatient procedure. They even showed it to me, it was a blobby gray marble-looking wad of yuck. Glad to see it went well for her. :o)