Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In Pursuit of The Perfect Pull-Up


Have I told you about Reilly's obsession with doing pull-ups?
I know that I've told you about her pursuit of the six pack.
Anyway, In middle school for the Presidential Fitness Test, the kids are asked to do as many pull-ups as they possibly can. Of course, this feat is always a snap for the gymnasts.
Reilly, however, is no gymnast.
So, along with the situps, she has spent countless hours doing pushups & bicep curls with arm weights.
HH recently came home with these...

I do believe that he is feeding her addiction.
Is this a good thing? I'm not sure that I want my 12 year old daughter looking like this...

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

8 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

Sorry, but I think there is something wrong with looking like that! I admire R for her desire to be in good shape! This picture - not such a good shape.

Biddy said...

oh there is sooooooooooo much wrong with looking like that!!!!

i always sucked at the running part, but the chin ups were a cinch for some reason...i dang sure wasn't a gymnast and now i couldn't do a chin up to save my life!

Megan said...

i could never do a chin up and still can't! i think it's awesome that she sets a goal & works toward that goal! what exactly did HH buy? i can't seem to figure that out by the picture.

EE said...

Meg- They're called"The Perfect Pushup". They swivel when you're arms are bent.

Angie said...

She's quite the runner too - I noticed at practice last night during conditioning.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Good for her for getting strong (no pun intended).

The muscle lady? At 12?
Holy crap! I wish I had arms like that!

Blessings.

Terri and Bob said...

I cannot speak.

I love to watch the kids do chin ups for their Fitness test. The faces are sooo telling!

Jennifer said...

Yes there IS something wrong with that. :o) As you well know.

You have such cute kids.