Monday, May 05, 2008

A Jack Fix & A Near Miss




Friday was a very exciting day at our house.
R & M let us babysit Baby Jack.
This was the first time that we had seen him in 2 1/2 weeks.
It's amazing to me how much he had changed and grown.
I met R & M for lunch at Panera.
It was wonderful catching up and hearing about their first official weeks together as a family.

After lunch, Jack and I ran over to Gerbes to pick up some baby food before heading home.
I was holding him on my hip and pushing the grocery cart when a beat-up white car came racing through the parking lot...nearly running us over.
The car then ran over a small embankment and nearly hit a women coming out of the store. She had to jump up on the sidewalk to avoid being hit.
The car then sped up and raced away as she shouted expletives after it.
I quickly loaded Baby Jack and the groceries into the car and drove off in pursuit of the offending vehicle.
As luck would have it, I didn't have to travel far.
The white Toyota Camry was in the adjoining strip mall, parked directly in front of Deuce Pub & Pit...go figure.
I quickly took down the license number and drove back to Gerbes to report the incident. The police were notified.
Only then was I able to comprehend what had actually almost happened.
It's a miracle that nobody was hurt.
I think The Big Guy was definitely watching out for us!!!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Thank God!!! For reals...
It's unfortunate that there are people so completely inconsiderate and dangerous like that. I'm glad you were able to track the vehicle down and I hope the police were able to do something about it.

C.A. said...

LOOK at that face! It's so cool that Jack's parent's are keeping you guys involved. I cannot imagine how hard it is to not have him around on a daily basis. You guys gave the most awesome gift of all time, E. He's going to be a great person and have a wonderful life thanks to your good beginning!

:)

C.A.

Mamarazzi said...

miracles indeed!! wow what a blessing that no one was hurt!

that little Jack is soooo adorable!!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Of course He was watching out for you!
You're one of His favorites!!

Blessings!