Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A True Act of Charity?

This morning I spent 3 1/2 hours sorting through donations and organizing the donation room at Lutheran.
For the most part, I found that people were extremely generous...donating lots of nice, clean, wearable maternity and baby clothes.
There were, however, a few exceptions.
Case in point...


Giant, stained, nasty maternity underwear...never ok.


Nobody looks good in tube tops...especially babies and pregnant women.
I had to try this donation on, just to show you how ridiculous this is. I may or may not have paraded around the office wearing it;)


Clowns are just freaky and wrong. Nobody likes to unsuspectingly open a box and discover something like THIS staring up at them.


And finally...the petrified bagel.
Packaged formula and baby food are definitely preferred.

9 comments:

TheVasquez3 said...

ok first of all EW! on the big ole granny panties...i think i threw up in my mouth a little.

secondly i am going to have a ahrd time getting the image of that super scary clown out of my head...i want my mommy!

and a bagel? what the?

C.A. said...

That clown scares the crap out of me too!

I love your blog, E. Have I told you that? Actually, I think, we are twins seperated at birth. I'd take pictures of all that gross stuff and post them too.

YOU ROCK!

Rose said...

Ew...I don't know what's scarier...the underwear or the clown. Trying to eat breakfast now and having a hard time doing it. :)

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

But....at least it appears that they taste-tested the bagel first to make sure it was safe to put in the box!

You're awesome!

Blessings.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I hate clowns...but the underwear? OMG! People are just gross.

Jana said...

Oh GOSH!!! YOU ARE SO FUNNY!! And you can't fool me, I'm pretty dang sure you paraded around in it! lol Seriously, what were those people thinking?!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Let me know how Reilly makes out. I would be glad to help you out with any questions. We're still learning as we go along, but we've gotten some great info too. Good luck!

Sniz said...

Oh, this made me laugh my pants off! But don't worry; I will NOT be donating my underpants to the church garage sale! That's just creepy. Actually, all the things you posted are creepy except the tube top. I was perplexed to read that most pregnant women do not wear those? I love tube tops and wear them all the time in the summer, pregnant or not. It's just such a classy look and really, who needs support there anyway, when the tube top holds it all in so nicely? I especially like to wear them on my jogs. They are so nice and cool!
TTYS - Sniz

TheVasquez3 said...

hey there i dropped a little LOVE for you over on my blog. come and get it chickie!

You. Are. Welcome.