Thursday, March 13, 2008

Taking The Plunge







Baptism is always a huge celebration at our church.
I was baptised as a baby, so when we started attending Woodcrest, the Baptisms really kind of freaked me out. Really, any public display having to do with religion made me uncomfortable.
It was not until I was farther along in my spiritual journey that I began to relax and, dare I say, enjoy this public declaration of faith.
Last night, I got to witness two friends take the "plunge". The first was one of Reilly's best friends, Lydia. The second was my friend and Sydney's incredible teacher, Jacquie.
I still get chills just thinking about it.


After all the congratulations and hugs were distributed, (in true "Erin" fashion) I casually wondered to the front of the church... I was on a mission to investigate the tank.
After dunking 30-some people, I wanted to see what, if any, kind of nastiness was floating around. Really, I wanted to witness for myself if anyone, in all their excitement, had peed in the tank.


You'll be happy to know, that while I detected slight discoloration of the water and a few unidentified floaties, I concluded that the water was urine-free.
PRAISE GOD!

9 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

Only YOU could turn a baptism into a potty blog! You crack me up. It was all so exciting last night -30 people!!

C.A. said...

I KNEW that some bodily function was going to come into question, but I have to admit, I'd have done the exact same thing! Great pictures!

Sniz said...

Babtism is so wonderful! Thanks for posting these awesome pictures. I especially like the one of the guy in the background jumping up with his arms in the air with excitement.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Wheeewwww!!

I was afraid this was going to turn into a poop story.

I have been trying for a long time to get our sound guys at church to play a recording of the sound of a toilet flushing as the people walk out of the tank after being baptized.
Pretty symbolic, don't you think?

Baptized as a baby? Have you been baptized as an adult?

Something to think about.

Blessings to you.

SOUL: said...

you are one funny girl..
:))

happy weekend e

Biddy said...

you are cracking me up! hahaha

ours is like a hot tub. it's heated and everything...i'm trying to remember if it has massage jets...

Jules said...

WAIT WAIT WAIT...if you talk about this you have to tell the "floater" story from when you were baptised.


Your fans expect it...they demand it!

CrazyDeb said...

E - what is Jules talking about??? She's right, we demand to know!

That Chick Over There said...

How sweet is that! Except the potty part. :)