Sunday, February 03, 2008

Superbowl Treats/ Boba Overload







I hate to admit it, but I really don't care about the Super Bowl.
In years past I have enjoyed watching the commercials and half-time shows, but this year I just couldn't stomach it.
The kids were upset that we turned down an invitation to a party with friends, and wound up watching the game on the "love lounge" (our gold seventies-looking pit style couch in the basement) on the big screen with their dad.
Griffin and I watched Too Young To Be A Dad on Lifetime and played Webkinz on the computer:o

The above pictures were taken on Saturday night at my mom and dad's house. Mom had purchased the Championship Cake Pan and the All-Star Cookie Cutters from Williams-Sonoma to make treats for the big night.

Instead of staying all night with her grandparents, Sydney opted to have a friend spend the night and go shopping at the mall for Valentines.
Sydney was cool with my tagging along (I won't let her go to the mall by herself), until I tried on a pair of Heelys (I'm secretly dieing to own a pair). I won't make THAT mistake again:o
She soon got over it, though, and we grabbed Lollicups with Boba as we were leaving.
In the beginning, I loved this new drink. The Boba was an interesting addition...for a bit. Let me just tell you that I am soooo over the Boba now!
The thought of Boba actually makes me want to vomit. The girls felt the same way.
I called my mom to tell her about our new discovery. I guess we must have had a bad connection (darn cell phones), because she mistook the word "Boba" for a similar sounding word that is a part of the female anatomy (if you watch Seinfeld, you'll know exactly which body part that is):o
Anyway, she warned me not to put this conversation on my blog, so don't tell her I told you;)

I hope to get caught up on my blog reading tomorrow. The baby and I will be home alone all day, so I should have time. I'm going through withdrawl right now;)
Hope everyone has a great Monday! TTFN

14 comments:

Sharyna said...

I stumbled upon your blog and you seem interesting. Love the pictures!

sharyna

Karla & Ben said...

I had to click each link to see what the heck you were talking about. :-) You should definitely get the Heelys. I think that they look like fun when I see kids running around in them. I always thought they'd be perfect for business travel.

CrazyDeb said...

Your mom is an amazing grandma!!! To buy those things, put the wrong team name on the champion trophy :o) just to entertain her grandkids is beyond the call. I love her! I usually don't watch the super bowl but did have it on last night.

Heelys!!! I didn't know what they were called but have wanted some for a long time! They look like they'd be great for traveling and walking all over Amsterdam, London, etc.

Love ya my friend!! My life is blessed by your presence!!

theotherbear said...

Oooh, I want a pair of those heelys too! How fun! Or at least, fun till you fall and break your arm.

Sniz said...

Bwahahaha! The Giants won! Since I live in Indianapolis, I now care about the Superbowl. And a Manning was on the underdog winning team. I can't help it. I'm so glad those Patriot's got taken down a notch.

Oh yeah, my kids got Heely's way before they were so popular. Unfortunately, now they are a mariah on most stores. Bummer.

C.A. said...

I LOVE those pictures and that cake...wow!

Thanks for all the comments on my blog...you always make me smile~

I'd like to keep ALL the babies my patients deliver, too, believe me~

greengirlwannabe said...

oh god, ee, no heelies. please. :) poor sydney

SOUL: said...

i am just SOOOOO out of the loop--- this was like a foreign language.
whatever will i do? no wonder my child is so embarrassed by me.
hmmmm.
i think i may need counseling now.
thanks buddy. :))

Eve said...

I'm SO the same way. Love the party, food, and commericials... but could care less about the actual football!? Ha ha

Terri and Bob said...

Sigh. All this time I thought those were WHEELIES.

I don't know what those drinks are but I am going to try one, Boba and all.

I love those cake pans. AWESOME. and I love your mom, too, but you already know that.

See you!

BOSSY said...

How. Cool.

Sniz said...

I forgot to tell you how much I like your kitchen.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

You all always have so much fun.

Hope you are doing well.
Your life is way too exciting to have not posted something for a while.

Blessings.

green said...

I love that second picture of your daughter, as if she's saying: "What do you think you're doing taking my picture?"

Priceless.