Friday, December 21, 2007

Star-Struck

Sydney has a friend from school, whose dad is the Offensive Coordinator for the University of Missouri Tigers, our local college football team. Sydney and HH are huge fans and have religiously watched Tiger football together this fall.
Syd is able to talk "football" with her dad...and she actually knows what she's talking about. When I listen to the two of them, it's like a foreign language to me.
Anyway, tonight she was invited over to this friend's house for dinner...with the entire offensive line.
I can't even tell you how excited she was...as was her father.
The phone rang about 6:00 tonight. I answered it, and Sydney told me that she needed to speak to her dad ASAP. .
ME: What about?
Sydney: (impatiently) Just get Dad, MOM...this is important!
I handed the phone over to Steve. It was a short conversation, and afterwards I grilled him for details. This was how the conversation transpired...
Sydney: Oh my gosh, Dad. I just talked to Chase Daniel (the star quarterback).
HH: (totally excited) What did you say to him?
Sydney: I said "hi".
HH: Well, what did he say?
Sydney: He said "hi".
HH actually beamed when he told me this. This was definitely a proud moment for this dad!
_______________________

In other news, we are still busy with baby. I can't even express to you what this experience has meant to us as a family.
After our crazy-busy fall, where everyone of us seemed to be moving in different directions, this little guy has caused us to slow down and work together towards a common goal. Does that make sense to you???
I didn't realize how much easier "parenting" a baby would be when I don't have all the pregnancy hormones to deal with. That, and the fact that the weight of his entire future does not really depend on me. I can just relax and "love on" this little guy, until the day he goes home with his adoptive parents (who are absolutely awesome).
I've taken a ton of pictures and have taken him to see Santa at the mall...twice.
We're getting to be regulars;)
Now that the kids are home for Christmas break, I'm going to have to fight them for baby time. I love it!!!!!
I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the Christmas season. I am still in the process of mailing out Christmas cards. I'm not sure if I'll get them all out by Christmas, but I'm definitely going to try.
Check out my friend's new blog. She's totally fun and quirky...love her!!!!
Byler Babe rocks!!!
Peace Out!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

He? Is HOT!! Your daughter? Cracked me up with her "It's important" line :)

Glad you guys are slowing down and enjoying baby time!!

That Chick Over There said...

Your daughter is funny! And he IS hot. Yowza!

CrazyDeb said...

I really think HH should have felt the need to go pick up S a little early. YOu know, go knock on the door and act surprised that it wasn't quite time and MAYBE have gotten an invitation in to meet the guys as well.

I know you are all enjoying the time with the baby and it's hard to imagine which life or lives will be most affected. He's adorable and I'm thankful he has your family caring for him right now.

I second the Byler Babe recommendation! She's a hoot!!

Got the card and LOVE it!!! I didn't send out a single one this year so please let me say Merry Christmas to a family who is loved more deeply than words can say.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

You all are so, you know, like, totally, the coolest!

Byler Babe said...

I am so bad at this blogging thing! What a fun thing for HH to have with SS! Was she nervous to go to the party by herself??

1030M...well that is kind of a story in itself...which by the way...I Have LOTS of funnies to tell you!

Thanks for the tag...now the pressure is really on to keep up with it ;)

SOUL: said...

you sound really really happy !!! i love it!
MERRY CHRISTMAS and God bless to you and yours

Eve said...

Have you ever thought about Twitter? Just curious.