Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A New Obsession Of Titanic Proportion

Griffin has a new obsession....the Titanic and the Hindenburg. I guess I should be grateful that this one doesn't include trading cards...I'm so tired of finding Pokemon cards all over the house.
Griff talks about these disasters, has me look up pictures and info about them on the Internet, and brings home library books about them EVERY week. I've learned more about than the Titanic than I've ever cared to know, and I've always thought this subject was pretty interesting.
For weeks, Griffin pestered me to rent Titanic, the movie. I kept putting him off because, honestly, the only thing I remember about this flick was the nude scene, the "suggested" sex in the car, and the frozen dead bodies floating in the dark water. Yeah, not so appropriate for an 8 year old boy who is finally sleeping in his own bed.
I thought that I might view it again to see if it was as bad as I remembered, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I think he was really just interested in watching the ship go down...not the love story.
He finally gave up on this after discovering another downed ship movie...The Poseidon Adventure....ugh! Has anyone seen the remake? Is it appropriate for kids? I've seen the old movie on Cinamax about a million times, but know nothing about the new one. I'm sure they've added a steamy sex scene...or at least some nudity to the remake...ugh...another disaster movie Griffin will not be able to watch. Ok, people, I need some help here...I need a movie with lots of action, a downed ship or plane, a limited number of dead people, and a G or E rating. Anyone? Anyone?

-----------------------------------------------
I've had a busy day today, and I'm wiped out!
I subbed at Sydney's school and almost had to break up a fight. I was so excited to be able to tell Sydney about it...one of the first questions I always ask her in the afternoons is whether or not there were any fights (I love a good fight story;).
Anyway, after school I picked up the other two (Syd had to stay for basketball practice) and took Reilly over to Aunt Debbie's house so that she could finish her Native American musical instruments project. Since Aunt Debbie loves to do arts and crafts, I pawned this activity off on her. All it cost me, was $25 for the supplies and a home-cooked spaghetti dinner:)
Luckily, my youth programming meeting at the church was cancelled, so I a little bit of free time;)
An hour later, I picked Reilly up and took her to soccer practice. At 6:15 I picked her up and took her over to the TaeKwonDo studio where we met up with HH and Griffin for their belt ceremony. It was so cute...HH was the only adult receiving an orange belt. I could tell he was a little uncomfortable, but I was so proud!
I cut out of there a little early and headed over to church for Community Live. I've really been making an effort to attend these bi-monthly (or is it bi-weekly? I can never remember...it's twice a month) services. Sometimes my faith step is just showing up...I'm in one of those places right now.
I'm finally home, and am posting and then hitting the sack. Tomorrow looks a little bit easier. I've avoided the answering machine tonight...afraid something else will be added to the mix. If I don't answer it, it will go away...right?
Sorry about the complaining...I'll try to make my next post a little less whiny and a little more exciting.
TTFN

5 comments:

Dana said...

I would say The Perfect Storm but it has some language. I don't remember any nudity in it though.

Sniz said...

OK, for some reason, you admitting that you love a good fight story at school cracked me up! I'm sorry I don't have any Titanic movies to suggest. William just watched a new movie that was clean but had a ton of action. It was about the first fighter pilots...the main guy was Harry from Spiderman, but I can't remember the name. I'm sure you can look it up online if you're interested.

Biddy said...

seriously...how many miles do you put on your car in a month?!?!?!

CrazyDeb said...

Your life just makes me tired. :o)

SOUL: said...

ugh boy--- i forgot all about the pokemon cards.... sorry.
titanic is good.
:))
i'll look around tomorrow.
sorry i haven't been around much.
hope you are havin a good weekend.