Thursday, August 02, 2007

Welcome To My World

Griffin was getting ready to go to a birthday party at a local pool. We had not yet gotten a birthday present, and we were discussing what we buy his friend. I suggested a Webkinz, but Griff had other ideas...
"I know, why don't we not give him a present. We should just give him a fifty dollar bill check. Yeah, that's what we can do!"
Steve and I rolled our eyes... like that's gonna happen;)

----------------------------------------

Last week, I put the kids to work helping me clean the house. The girls, as always, were fighting over who was going to get to clean the bathrooms (they love using the tb scrubber:o ).
Anyway, I told Reilly that she could clean the girl's bathroom and Sydney was in charge of Griff's (yeah, Syd got the raw end of the deal). When they were finished, I donned my white glove and completed my inspections.
I found Syd and said, "You know, you did a fantastic job on that bathroom. Way to go!" (because, really, she did have the tougher job with all the splatter and stuff)
She did not seem that excited about my compliment, so I asked her what was wrong. She sighed and replied, "All it's going to take is for Dad to come in and go #2, and then it will be all dirty again."
My response: "WELCOME TO MY WORLD!"

12 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

Maybe HH should be banned from G's sparkling clean bathroom! S, what do you think? :o)

Love ya!

CrazyDeb said...

Oh, and I want to invite G to my birthday party!!! No need to go buy something - just bring his idea of a gift.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

In defense of all Dad's everywhere......

uh.......no comment.

Blessings.

C.A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C.A. said...

My sympathies to Syd. I know how she feels....sigh.

SOUL: said...

oh maaaan can i relate... unfortunately... MY child has YET to scrub any toilet. ugh. whatever will i do with this girl of mine?
consider yourself blessed that yours will even attempt it.
wanna go on wife swap? you can train my kid...and i'll spoil yours?
happy friday!

Dana said...

What is it with kids and cleaning the bathroom? Mine fight over who gets to do it also.

SOUL: said...

that's just not fair!
maybe ya just have to have more than one kid, then you can make it seem like something to fight over???

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I hate cleaning the bathrooms anymore. With 3 men in the house and a daughter just potty trained, well it NEVER looks clean no matter what!

mcewen said...

Some of life's lessons are tough to swallow, er.....I mean,.....accept!
Cheers

green said...

Can I borrow your girls to come and clean my bathrooms?

Terri and Bob said...

Excellent training! I'm a friend of your mom's, we worked together at SC. Your blog keeps me laughing!