Friday, August 10, 2007

Mom's Soccer

The mom's (not-so-novice-anymore) soccer teams competed in the Show-Me-State Games again this year. Although I have not played for the last 6 months, Julie convinced me to come out... they were desperate for a goalie and I just wanted a medal;)
Teams were divided, and I have to say, the division was sooo not fair. Most of my team (in pink) consisted of women over the age of 35. The other team (in blue) was made up mostly of girlies in their 20s who had previous soccer experience.
Don't know how we did it (must have been divine intervention), but we tied those brutes. The final score was 1-1. I think everyone was pretty shocked! I know that I had envisioned a 10-0 game. But, the Soccer God's were smiling upon us, and everybody went home with a medal.

I was a little irritated at the other coach. He told his girls not to get near me or I would kick them. Can I help it if I don't have any control over my body? I am 37 years old...

See how tired Julie looks here??? This is because she's A LOT older than I am!
Actually, Julie is in terrific shape. Me, on the other hand, am not...hence the reason I stayed in the goal.

How can Julie manage to still look so cute after all that running around??? Disgusting, isn't it???

Small penny with XL shirt...so not attractive!

Remember how I have refused to ever be photographed in a wetsuit (I'm not linking that post either) again??? Well, the same goes for the kids soccer penny. It so does nothing for my hips...except make them look huge:o

16 comments:

Biddy said...

i don't care whatcha say...you're hot :-)

so, i just read your "about me" and i laughed so hard...it's like you were describing ME (except of course for the kids and hubby)...oh and i don't take lexipro any more, now it's effexor

hahaha

Anonymous said...

E - you are an amazing keeper! You are the reason we didn't get scored on 10x! Thanks!

Terri and Bob said...

Well, I am impressed! I played softball in my 30s but you'd never see a picture of me, either. My first thought was, "take THAT you 20 somethings!"

Where's your medal??

Terri and Bob said...

Ok, I am blind. I see the medals now!

C.A. said...

Definitly a hot look for you! Great job playing Goalie! :)

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Way to go, Mom!

Nice job!

Gayle said...

so THAT'S how you stay so young.

Biddy said...

hahahahahahaha that is hilarious! effexor is good stuff...just do NOT ever miss a single dose. seriously, you start having major "i just got off crack and heroine" withdrawls

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Congrats on your medal!

SOUL: said...

biddy... they finally gave that shit a name... "brain shivers"... i refuse to take it anymore... i knew i was one of the ones that would someday have a seizure on that stuff. although it is a good med. the shocky face, head and arm thing..i can live without thank you!

Erin... are you losing weight???
you all look great for the over thirty five crowd! and good job on holdin those stuffy pups! i bet they were over confident... thinking they had y'all before BEFORE the game even started. ha! you proved them wrong huh?
great job, and looks like fun.
i'd be the one in the goal too... i have that energy problem too.
:)
have a great day

That Chick Over There said...

You are so cute!

Oh, The Joys said...

You look HOT (ya big dork.)

slackermommy said...

Rock on, girl!

Have I asked you before where in Missouri you live? Close to St. Louis? We are having a blogger get together on Aug. 17 if you are interested.

Kellie said...

Um....what's this crap about JULIE looking all cute after running around? YOU look cute, too!! Seriously. You are a beautiful girl!!

Amy P said...

Look, you over 35ers had less people to sub in too. Man your good.

Keep giving me something to strive for when I finally reach your age. (ouch :-)

moosh in indy. said...

GIRL, you're playing soccer, you've got that on almost all of us no matter what we think our hips look like