Sunday, August 05, 2007

I Think My Computer Is Roasting My Innards

Reilly came in to my room tonight and asked if she could sleep with me. Evidently, she has been having some scary dreams. I totally attribute this to Shark Week on the
Discovery Channel, but that's a story for another time. I had no idea that she was having bad dreams. The last couple of times that she's slept with me, she's sat straight up in bed in the middle of the night, looked at me and exclaimed, "THAT WAS AWESOME!!" Then, mumbled a few unintelligible things before lying back down as though nothing had happened.
Anyway, she went on to tell me about her scary dreams. They were very scary, because they involved the death of a family friend. When she was finished describing the dreams, she looked at me and said, "I think I need therapy."
Now, she was only half kidding, so we talked about it for a few minutes. She came to the conclusion that she was going to stop watching scary things on television, and that she was going to try to fall asleep listening to the IPOD.
Later, we were joking around and I said, "Hey Reilly, I think you could use therapy, but not just for your dreams."
I got the deadpan stare and she replied, "Thanks alot, Mom."
Teehee...I love it that she gets me!!

-----------------------------------------

My precious computer that HH gave me for Christmas this year, is still being repaired. I think it's been gone almost a month. I'm extremely put out with Best Buy right now, and, as God (and the blogosphere)is my witness, I will never buy another Gateway computer again!
I have spent most of the past two days on Syd's laptop trying to edit pictures from our State Softball trip. Even though I have only been making basic edits (i.e. cropping), the process has been slow...very slow. I don't have to remind you that I'm NOT a patient person, so it's been a painful task. I don't mind making the edits, it's the waiting for the computer to catch up that is the problem.
Last night I couldn't sleep, so I was up until about 4:00am lying in bed with the laptop on my stomach. There was intense heat radiating from the bottom of the computer. I pulled up the covers, and that seemed to help, but it was still pretty darn hot.
I woke up this morning and my stomach was toasty...inside and out. I got up, and an hour later I still felt as though I was cooking. Since I tend to obsess about EVERYTHING, I convinced myself that this act probably going to lead to cancer of all my internal organs and that I was going to die a long painful death...immediately.
I, of course, worried about this all day, and will probably continue to worry about it unless the question is answered... Can you cook your internal organs with a hot laptop????
With that, I will be leaving you all tonight...my tummy is burning:0

16 comments:

C.A. said...

I cannot stop laughing at this "computer is cooking my innards" story. Your death certificate will read "Death by Laptop".

It's my firm belief that Best Buy is Satan incarnate. My entire family refuses to shop there because of the very reason they are driving you to cook your intestines right now.

Happy Monday!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

"Can you cook your internal organs with a hot laptop????"

Yes, but only if you have the correct software.

Hope your day gets better.

Blessings.

Household Executive said...

too funny how similar we are. i can totally see myself convincing myself of the same thing...about the computer!

SOUL: said...

well... i think you're safe. the same thing happens to me all the time..as you know. i'm always falling asleep with the laptop on my belly, and at times the cord around my neck! mine gets hot too...but i aint dead...yet.
anyhow...not to worry. i'm sure as long as the blankets don't catch on fire we'll both be fine! i hope.

as for the girl... she cracks me up.
we've been watching shark week too. pretty cool stuff.
btw... i dreamed of GIANT bass yesterday...and someone punched me flat in the nose and knocked me out. don't know who it was. but i think it had something to do with the sunburn i'm getting on my nose. the pain traveled into my dream. funny stuff i say.
have a good day!

SOUL: said...

oh btw.. next time get a DELL..they have the best warranty ever!

Kellie said...

Anytime I've used my laptop on my, well....lap...I've felt like I'm roasting my guts. And, being the worry freak I am, I'd be convinced I was slowly cooking on the inside. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there :)

Devilish Southern Belle said...

My tummy burns, too, when I get stressed out. Which means my tummy burns a LOT. Why isn't it burning the fat off my body?

Feel better soon!

Dana said...

Targus makes a great mat for your laptop. It has 2 fans in it that draw the heat away from the computer. I had to get one for myself because I am also afraid of roasting my innards.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

ROFLMAO!

CrazyDeb said...

I just love your kids so much! Wish R wasn't having scary dreams and the dreams would not be the reason she would need therapy. Not saying why but it's not the dreams.

Need to look up that Targus thing. My laptop has left a mark on my leg it gets so hot. Do love this Dell though and hoping that doesn't jinx it!!

Love ya E!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Youse alls are so funnneeeee...

You can avoid cooking yer innards, and burning down your house by using that cutting board/countertop extra piece. Never put a laptop on top of bedcovers cuz even a 'puter needs to breathe.

Can I say that here??? Sure I can.

Breathe. In and out and in and out and in and out... mother had a squeezebox she played all night...

(slap)

Anyways, this message brought to you care of a Gateway that works just swell, maybe even better than a Dell.

meow.

Gayle said...

Eww, yuck. My imagination is just too vivid for this post!

Yuck-o!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh...
nc

Sarcastic Housewife said...

Heck everything in the world causes cancer, so I'd have to say, yes, it probably causes cancer. HAHAHA!!!

Biddy said...

i'm fairly certain i've had a few burns from the lappy...grrrrr

i have a gateway and i love it... i guess it's different strokes for different folks...

mcewen said...

My lap is now thoroughly 'done,' but I think I prefer it rare.
cheers