Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School

Yesterday, I sent my kids off to begin another school year. We had a pretty good summer together, so I was kind of sad to see them go.
Do you think they let dear ole' mom walk them in on their first day? Heck no. I think I was the only parent dropping off her kids. I felt like a schmuck...for a second anyway, and then I went a meeting for substitutes and then to lunch with my friends.

I still can't get over the fact that I now have a 7th grader. In three years she will be driving. In five years she will (hopefully) be heading off to college. Where does the time go????
The first day went well for her, though she claimed that she was bored stiff listening to the rules and expectations. I was a little disappointed that there were no fights or big break-ups for her to report...I live for that stuff, you know:)



Reilly is now in her last year of elementary school. I don't remember the fifth grade being really pleasant. In fact, I remember spending lots of time in the counselor's office due to excessive talking. Of course, it was never my fault...

While I don't have to worry about this with Reilly, I do wish for her a "stalker-free" year. At least the offender is not in her class again...thank God!
Her first day was marred by an incident at lunch. Above offender, saw that Reilly was on her way to sit by her friends, and beat her to the last chair at the table. R was not a happy camper when I picked her up, and really, I don't blame her.



Griff was the only one apprehensive about returning to school. On Monday, he stuck pretty close to mom... even turning down going to see Underdog with Grandma and the girls.
He seems to like his 2nd grade teacher, though, and claimed lunch/recess was the highlight of his day.
He did not want his picture taken (as you can tell), so I threatened to bring my camera to school if he didn't comply;)


TTFN

19 comments:

Oh, The Joys said...

They are beautiful kids. I can't imagine mine being so big!!

Biddy said...

they are precious

i want some!!

C.A. said...

The girls look so happy to be going back, but Griff....boy can you ever tell he wants nothing to do with it!

The pictures are gorgeous, as always!

CrazyDeb said...

I love reading about the kids and what is happening with them. Glad S had a good day, give me the name and 411 on R's stalker and stalker will be dealt with, tell G to enjoy it while he can - being an adult and working all the time can be no fun (not what I was going to say!).

Terri and Bob said...

How funny!! I taught fifth grade and loved it and thought it was the best year ever.

I remember 7th grade as being awkward but hey, isn't middle school just an awkward time?

SOUL: said...

for some reason i thought griff was older than 2nd grade.. he's big for his age???
sorry...my senile.

glad they all survived the first day...7th grade is a scary place... yikes.

mine goes into 8th next monday.
yes... time goes quickly with kids. i was doin the countdown at the beginning of last year too...
driving, working, dating... omg.

can we stop time now???

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Awww.....sniff......they grow up.........snif....sniff....so fast.

(sob....heavy sigh....)

Blessings.

Household Executive said...

cute pics! what is up with the stalker...need more details!

Robyn Haas said...

Beautiful children! Ok that stalker bit scares me a bit for your daughter...since I put mine in prison! Be careful..:( Love all their new backpacks, very cool. Loved the crossed arm look I did that alot when I was 5-7 grade. Geesh! Mom..lol!

Beth the Sensible said...

Oooh, you have a stalker too? We'll have to compare notes sometime.

You've been tagged!

SOUL: said...

hey E.. why don't you respon in the comments anymore?? i dont ever you see you here in the "box" anymore. (TEAR)

Kellie said...

Your kids are so gorgeous!! Griff looks MAD about going back. Poor boy :(

Dana said...

I just about had it out of my head that I would have a driver in 3 short years until I read this. Thanks, now I have to go back to my "happy place".

An Iowa Mom said...

Griff looks like my kids did on their first day. LOL!

Sniz said...

Hey girl, I have an eighth-grader, a six-grader, and a third-grader. Exactly one year ahead of you...thanks for sharing pics of all of them...they are so cute! Hope they have fun this year!

Sniz said...

Oh, and I'm 38, exactly one year older than you too. How old were you when you got married?

slackermommy said...

Cute, cute, cute kids!

Amy P said...

Good for Griff. I heard the only funny part of Underdog is the out-take they show on the trailer. "No need to fear, Underwear is here! Did I just say Underwear?"

But again, many bad movies fool kids.

shauna loves chocolate said...

Nice pics. And you can just hear what he said just befor you took the last one. "*sigh* Just take the picture already!"