Thursday, July 05, 2007

Spreadin' The Linky Love

Yesterday, I was giddy after seeing a message from Gayle over at Grace 4 Gayle. She awarded me this...

I haven't felt so proud since I was in the 8th grade and beat out Cristin C. for the "Best Dressed Girl" award! Yeah, I'm shallow like that!!
Anyway, (hand over heart, tears spilling down my face) I'd like to thank the person who made my award possible (sigh)...Gayle, from Grace 4 Gayle.

I have been reading Gayle's blog for a while now. I'm not sure how I wound up there, but I've thoroughly enjoyed her witty accounts of life with her hot hubby and gorgeous kids. She's gorgeous, ultra organized, cooks meals from scratch, & home schools her kids. Ok, we all really should be hating her, but her saving graces: she's not afraid to make fun of herself, her kids just say the funniest darn things, and she tells lots of pee/poop stories(I'm a sucker for posts about bodily functions).

Here is where I am supposed to pass on the love, and award this to 5 more "Rockin' Girl Bloggers". How am I supposed to narrow it down to only 5? I'm having heart palpitations just thinking that I'll leave someone out and hurt their feelings...I'm a people-pleaser, dang it!
Anyway, apologies to anyone I offend. Just because I don't mention you here, doesn't mean I don't love you:)

1. Amber, from Me, Myself, & I, is the author of the 1st blog that I ever read. I noticed her cool scrapbook layouts over at Two Peas In A Bucket about a year and a half ago. I looked at her profile and clicked on her link. I was hooked! I spent the next two days (stalking)reading her entire blog from beginning to end.
This girl is an amazing artist. She writes, scrapbooks, & takes incredible photos.
She's real. She's beautiful. She loves Old Navy...She's definitely a "Rockin' Girl Blogger"!

2. Eve- This "Rockin' Girl Blogger" deserves an R rating for most posts, even if she has been PG 13 lately (Sydney and Mom...do NOT click on her link;) She posts anonymously, and is able to say a lot of things that we all probably wish we could say if we could. Although I've never seen her face, I have seen some of her shoe purchases, and they are HOT! If you dare, go check out this chick!

3. Soul Survivor- This "Rockin' Girl Blogger" never fails to comment on my posts (no matter how crappy they are) and can tell a whopper of a fish tale. Now, I don't care for fishing myself, but this chick ALMOST makes me want to get my tush over to Bass Pro to invest in all the gear. She even baits her own hook...need I say more??? She has a heart of gold, and would do anything to help a friend. Soul Survivor Rocks!

4. These three "Rockin' Blogger Girls" are all members of my church. I know, PPOD and Tina, and am getting to know Household Executive. These are the real deal...with the cutest darn kids, to boot! PPOD has set me up with some cool video links. Tina displays some amazing scrapbook pages & recipes. Household Exec. has provided some great parenting tips. I look forward to getting to know these chicks even better....You should too!

5. Woo-hoo started blogging at around the same time as me. She is my sister's friend from college, and no, I don't hold that against her (just jokin')! She's quirky and fun. Like me, she's a sucker for all of those stupid little blog quizzes:) Lately, she's been creating these cool picture videos of her fam. This girl is definitely one of the cool chickies!

And, finally, I have an honorary "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award, and it goes to a dude. Alpha Dude is funny and witty, and he never fails to give me crap about my posts. I love that!!! I actually learn stuff from this dude...and I choose to read him anyway;). He has a heart for God, and a heart for people. If he was a chick, I would totally award him this honor, but since he's not, I guess he's SOL on this one:)

So, to all those I have awarded this prestigious honor...
Go out and spread the love!!!!!

19 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

Great blog! You make me want to read all those other blogs and occassionally I have. Tina's is a read for me each time she has a new post and now I'm going to have to go read everyone else's. You certainly deserve the award! As I've told you, reading your blog is one of the first things I do when getting home from work.

I enjoy seeing your pictures - reminds me of what you look like since we never see each other!!! :o)

Household Executive said...

Oh you are too sweet to award me with this blog award, if you call it that. I look forward to getting to know you more. I told Tina the other day that you and I should talk more because we really do have a lot in common. Thanks girl! :)

Eve said...

Yes, Sydney and Mom... do NOT click my link! ha ha

I wouldn't want my OWN daughter or mom to read my blog either?!

he he he

Too funny!

imaeskimo said...

Ohhh...Thanks! Your sis prompted me into reading yours (loved it!), and starting my own. I feel honored...And, I have read a few others that I seem to have more time to read during summer. psst, I love Eve's also.

ConservaChick said...

You know.. Grace4Gayle is how I found you! I enjoy her regular body function blogs too! Always a good laugh. ~Karlie

That Chick Over There said...

I especially love that you awarded Alpha Dude. You are the best! :)

SOUL: said...

ME????? OMG! (this is me, waving my hand over my face like one of those teary eyed overwhelmed rich ladies who are about to cry!) LOL
don't you LOVE it when people do that! i do. i think it's hilarious, but will admit, I have NEVER done that. my daughter did once when she was like six, making up with a little friend after an argument though. it was extremely CUTE when she did it though. it GAGS me when grown women do it though.

anyhow THANK YOU! i feel so HONORED.

how kool. what a way to start my day.
thanks.
have a great day. even if you are forced to use a crappy computer for a while.
i'll try to find you a laptop fairy to brighten your day...k?
:))

Dan said...

Congratulations! My cat Lulu actually got this award from someone! She's a cool cat!

queenbusick said...

Oh wow! I am honored to receive this humble little reward! thank you thank you! I hope I can live up to all the pressure and expectations of such an award!

Off to post!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Thank you so very much for the kind words.

It ain't easy being me.

Someone once asked my wife if I suffered from mental illness.

She replied, "Oh, Heavens No!...he enjoys it!"

You Rock!

Blessings.

Gayle said...

OK, I'm officially too tired to be reading blogs because when I first read it I thought it was called "Spreadin the KINKY love".

Yikes!

And you know, whenever someone tells me I shouldn't do something, that's the first thing I do. Keeps life on the edge, ya know? So I'm going right over to Eve's blog first.

cathy said...

I got one of these recently. Welcome to the club. Just popped over from dan's to say hello.

SOUL: said...

EE...i left you something on my blog...go see. (the "check this out post 7-7-07)

Gina said...

Is there a funny girl blogger award? Where you do find these things?

I would also nominate you for the rockin mamma award as well, but you are right up there with Soul, Josie, Jamie and Acremonium Angie

Congratulations. Your tearfulness with the hand over the heart put me over the edge and it stitches.

Dana said...

Congrats on your award! You have another one waiting for you at my place!

Toni said...

Congrats! I came over from Dana's blog~ Thanks for the laughs!

Lizarita said...

Ooohh...new blogs for me to read!
And don't even worry about the comment on MY blog...DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA! :)

moodswingingmommy said...

Congratulations! Thank you too, for the links. I just love discovering new gems!

Amy P said...

You mentioned me...you really mentioned me....