Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kitchen Rules- Underwear Required

It was late afternoon of the 4th of July. I walk into my kitchen where HH and the kids were diligently preparing food for our family cookout. Since my kitchen rarely sees this kind of activity, I stood there for a minute taking it all in.
That's when I noticed Reilly, or I should say, noticed what Reilly was NOT wearing. She was standing there with wet hair, wearing only a towel.
Now, I don't know about you all, but I'd like to think that anyone having anything to do with the food I'm about to eat, has their privates covered. It's not that I'm a prude or anything, it just seems like the hygienic thing to do.
That's when I established the No Naked In The Kitchen rule.
Reilly's response..."We're cooking here, mom...not going to a FASHION show."
Then, Sydney piped up, "I know what the second rule should be... You have to know how to cook to be in the kitchen, mom."
Trying to maintain some semblance of my dignity, as I was on my way out the door I replied, "If that's the case, I'm oughta here."
How in the heck did I manage to raise such smart-aleck kids? ;)

13 comments:

mistihollrah said...

Gotta love moments like these!

notfearingchange said...

Nice! I'm starting to appreciate how SMART kids are....

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

It has been said that children are a direct reflection of their parents.

And that's ALL I'm going to say about that!

CrazyDeb said...

I'd like to hear Darla's answer to that last question! :o)

SOUL: said...

i think it's hereditary! blame your mom or dad! :))

Beth - Sensible One said...

Hey, at least you know she was CLEAN while she was cooking! Could be worse.

Kellie said...

Special. I think the same rules need to apply in MY kitchen :)

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Touche!

Sarcastic Housewife said...

I often wonder the same thing. :-)

moosh in indy. said...

Are you so totally proud of yourself? I would be.

JYankee said...

Don't know where kids get their smart aleck from, must be a dna thing....Just dropped in...stole ur site from Soul...hope u don't mind. I'll be back for more!

That Chick Over There said...

Oh that is just hilarious!

Gina said...

Sometimes I like to forego getting dressed. I don't know why that is....maybe I think my pants are gonna be too tight. Maybe too many choices...so I continue on...in a robe or what have you. But if someone were there...I agree. Get sompin on!