Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Computer Woes


I'm having some major computer woes right now. Two days ago, the hard drive on my computer crashed. I took it in to The Geek Squad at Best Buy, and they sent my baby off to Gateway. I was shocked when they told me that I could possibly be without my computer for (gasp)an entire month.

I AM FREAKING OUT!!

Right now, I am on Syd's crappy computer. I don't know how long I'll be able to do this. It's a total P.O.S.!!!
1. It takes forever to boot up.
2. Once up, I get a box that says: You may be a victim of software counterfeiters.WTH?????
3. The "i" and "j" keys do not always work. This is a problem. "I" is a pretty important letter, and I use it often!
4. If you haven't noticed, my spacebar often skips two or three spaces ahead. There are major gaps between words, if I don't go back and fix them.
5. The keyboard has a huge dent in it. HH, so intent on my not using his computer, tried to fix the "i" and "j" keys. He got frustrated and slammed his fist down on the keyboard.

You know, if I am without a decent computer for much longer, I may be forced to do something desperate... like cook dinner for my family or clean my house;)


On a lighter note...

This afternoon, I walked into the the kitchen and found Reilly standing by the freezer, holding a spoon. She had a very guilty look on her face. In a stern voice (yeah, I was trying to scare her), I said, "Hey, what are you doing?" She jumped, and without missing a beat, she replied, "I'm not having ice cream right now, if that's what you mean."
I remember the days when I would sneak ice cream into my bedroom, and hide the dishes under my bed:o
She's definitely a girl after my own heart, with the sarcasm to go with it!

12 comments:

SOUL: said...

join the computer crashing club e! what is up with that sh**?

I LOVE THE SARCASM KIDS COME UP WITH ON THE FLY. YOU KNOW IT'S HEREDITARY WHEN THAT HAPPENS! I KNOW MINE IS, AND MY SISES.

crap! sorry about the caps..too lazy to change it.


anyhow... hope you get your computer back sooner than expected...trust me... i do know how awful the detachment and withdrawls can be. (*SIGH*)

have a good day!

CrazyDeb said...

Sorry about the computer! I would go nuts without mine for that long. My niece had problems with her's and I took it to Columbia Computer Center. They quoted me a price to fix it and when SHE went in to pick it up they somehow charged her about half of what they had told me. Am sure it has nothing to do with her being 20 and pretty. Anyway, they're good and very reasonable in their charges if you need them to look at the other computer. Not sure they could do anything with a bent keyboard! :o) As for as the "not eating ice cream" girl - how could she be any different being your daughter?

Happy 4th my friend! Hope you all have a great one!

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I would die without my computer! UGH!

Too funny about the ice cream. I had a similar incident with chocolate and T.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Well, at least she, with evidence in hand, wasn't doing anything to feel guilty about.

Sorry about your computer. I hope all is well sooner than expected.
(Were there any ants in it?)

Blessings.

green said...

despite your computer problems - I hope you have a happy and safe holiday

Dan said...

Being without a computer for a month is almost as bad as being trapped in an elevator with Rosie O'Donnell for a month.

Dana said...

#1: I am going to agree with Dan! Although, there is always work.

#2: Our daughters should NEVER meet. With the amount of sarcasm between the two of them, they could rule the world!

That Chick Over There said...

Sorry about the computer crap. I HATE that!

Kellie said...

My computer has been a POS for a while. I'm thinking I need to just get a new one and be done with it before it decides to leave me!!

LOVE the sarcasm...so something I would say :)

Eve said...

Ooooh, that's harsh E! We had to resort to dial up a few weeks ago, as our DSL was down... and trying to log on wasn't even WORTH it?!

From one net junkie to the next... I feel your despair! ;)

Oh, The Joys said...

Eeek! I hope it's fixed soon! (So you need a "servicing?" - heh.)

LG said...

PC separation anxiety - it's horrible and affects the worst of us! I had technical issues with my blog for about a week where no one who used Internet Explorer could view my blog! It was frustrating, to say the least!

I fixed it, though - I am my own Geek Squad. :)