Tuesday, July 03, 2007
I'm having some major computer woes right now. Two days ago, the hard drive on my computer crashed. I took it in to The Geek Squad at Best Buy, and they sent my baby off to Gateway. I was shocked when they told me that I could possibly be without my computer for (gasp)an entire month.
I AM FREAKING OUT!!
Right now, I am on Syd's crappy computer. I don't know how long I'll be able to do this. It's a total P.O.S.!!!
1. It takes forever to boot up.
2. Once up, I get a box that says: You may be a victim of software counterfeiters.WTH?????
3. The "i" and "j" keys do not always work. This is a problem. "I" is a pretty important letter, and I use it often!
4. If you haven't noticed, my spacebar often skips two or three spaces ahead. There are major gaps between words, if I don't go back and fix them.
5. The keyboard has a huge dent in it. HH, so intent on my not using his computer, tried to fix the "i" and "j" keys. He got frustrated and slammed his fist down on the keyboard.
You know, if I am without a decent computer for much longer, I may be forced to do something desperate... like cook dinner for my family or clean my house;)
On a lighter note...
This afternoon, I walked into the the kitchen and found Reilly standing by the freezer, holding a spoon. She had a very guilty look on her face. In a stern voice (yeah, I was trying to scare her), I said, "Hey, what are you doing?" She jumped, and without missing a beat, she replied, "I'm not having ice cream right now, if that's what you mean."
I remember the days when I would sneak ice cream into my bedroom, and hide the dishes under my bed:o
She's definitely a girl after my own heart, with the sarcasm to go with it!