Thursday, July 26, 2007

Birthday & Bathroom Stuff

With everything that happened last week, I didn't get a chance to tell you that Reilly turned eleven on the 18th.
She decided to forgo the traditional party, opting for the cash payout. We gave her the money that we would have spent on the party, and she was free to spend it however she wanted.
My MIL came over to watch Griffin, and the girls and I spent five hours at the mall. Reilly bought some clothes at Limited 2 & Old Navy, a couple of stuffed animals, and a Play Station American Idol Karaoke game. Now, I am not a fan of the stuffed animal, but on this day, I had to keep my mouth shut...and as difficult as that was, I did.
Later that evening, we ate dinner at Shakespeare's Pizza (where the Wordless Wednesday TP photo was taken- more on that later) and then had dessert at Randy's Frozen Custard with Aunt Debbie and Steve's boss, Brad (who happened to be in town).
Here's my newly 11 year old daughter...




__________________________________________

Above, I mentioned that the toilet paper picture was taken at Shakespeare's Pizza. Those who are local, figured it out immediately because it's the bathroom of the most frequented pizza join in our town. Yeah, it's a pretty darn popular place!
What I didn't photograph, though, was the diarrhea splatter on the floor next to the toilet. Oh, I thought about it, but someone else was in the adjoining stall, and I just didn't feel comfortable taking multiple flash photos.
See, I'm able to show restraint...sometimes!!!!

18 comments:

SOUL: said...

well thank you for that e !!!
and happy 11th to the kid. wow they get big so fast.
one more year and mine hits high school. OMG
i can't watch!

alissa said...

Just came here through Kellie's blog, and I've gotta tell you that your kids are just gorgeous!

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Reilly!

You done did good, mom!

Blessings.

Kellie said...

Thanks for sparing us the poop pic :)

Happy belated birthday your daughter--she's beautiful!!

Dana said...

I think I can speak for most of us when I say "Thank you for showing restraint in this instance". Happy Birthday to Reilly!

An Iowa Mom said...

Happy Birthday!!

The stuffed animal in the photo? A Webkinz??? My kids go CRAZY for those things. They get online and have a little LIFE for them and everything. :)

:)
Sounds like a fun day!

CrazyDeb said...

I'm glad you didn't say anything about the stuffed animals. 11 is a hard age between a kid and a young lady and it shows she still has that bit of kid in her. She's getting prettier each day! I can't believe she's 11! Not sure she was in school when we met.

And, as others have said, thank you for showing restraint in the restroom. More so for the person in the other stall who would wonder what the heck someone was taking pictures of in a bathroom stall!!

Love ya!

theotherbear said...

eeewwwww.
thanks for thinking of us :)

JYankee said...

Happy Birthday to ur 11 year old! Like Soul says..they really do grow up too fast. Enjoy!

mistihollrah said...

Happy Birthday to Riley. I didn't realize that we had kids the same age-Collin is 11, too.

I completely understand the stuffed animal deal. I just sold several and gave away some on a garage sale/good will.

notfearingchange said...

What a nice birthday!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Happy Birthday, Reilly!
She's gorgeous!

Amy P said...

She is georgous.

Wow that was restraint, now you can conquer anything.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for no poooooohhhhh...Reilly is a doll! Happy Late Birthday!
nc

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I love the middle picture of her. Definitely one to frame! Happy Birthday!

mcewen said...

Yes. She's just lovely. Happy belated birthday.
Best wishes

ConservaChick said...

Your daughter is beautiful! my oldest turned 11 in March and she too opted for the cash payout. Oh I love it. Gone are the days of pinatas and whiny over sugared kids and cake smeared on my couch. Cash payouts ROCK! ~Karlie

SOUL: said...

E.... where are you?????