Sunday, June 17, 2007

Scary Movie


Griffin- Will you tell dad to stop watching scary shows? He's watching a show about a killer shark.
Me- When he's watching a movie that you think is scary, you need to leave the room. Sometimes when you watch things on tv, those images get stuck in your head, and you can't get them out (Jerry Springer- I Refuse to Wear Clothes). Is that what happened to you?
Griffin- Yeah, it was really creepy and I can't stop thinking about it.

a few minutes later...
Griffin- Mom, I don't think I want to go swimming tomorrow.
Me- (laughing because I know where this is going) Don't worry G, there are absolutely no sharks in our pool. Sharks can only be found in the ocean.
Griffin- Well, you just never never know...

Now, I'll be leaving you to go have a conversation with HH about his television viewing habits around our children.

3 comments:

EE said...

Just to let you know, to my knowledge, my children have never witnessed a Jerry Springer episode. My brain is the only brain in the family that has been permanently embedded with these images:o

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Aww....c'mon, Mom!
Jaws is a classic!

Besides, it IS Father's Day.
Please go easy on him.

Hope you all have enjoyed a blessed day!

SOULMANGE: said...

jaws? the original jaws? did neither of you parents think to point out to that boy how FAKE that shark looks?
back in the day , before digital and animated special effects that stuff was pretty real looking , and in effect, scared the crap outta me. the wearwolf movies, and jaws...yep...scary ! today... they look rediculous !!!! almost like a cartoon. obviously nothing to fear.
anyhow, i hope he is ok...and hope y'all had a great daddy day together.