Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Book Meme

Saw this on It Could' Been Worse and just had to do it.
People are always shocked when they learn that I read books regularly. I know that I'm blond and that I am the walking cliche, but I do turn off my reality television (occasionally) daily, to immerse myself in a good book.
OK, I'll admit that some books that I read are more quality than others... yes, Julie, My Baby Daddy is considered fine literature. I'm sure it will be a classic someday.

Anyway, here's my book meme:

Next 5 books on your to be read shelf:
1. Queen Bees & Wannabees by Rosalind Wiseman (currently reading)
2. Parenting Teens With Love & Logic by Foster Cline, M.D. & Jim Fay (currently reading)
3. Ten Days In The Hills by Jane Smiley (currently trudging my way through this one...it's almost painful, but I can't stop)
4. Body Surfing by Anita Shreve
5. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Last 4 books you’ve read:
1. The Starter Wife by Gigi Levangie Grazer
2. The Vision of Emma Blau by Ursula Hegi
3. Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
4. Star Wars: What is a Wookie? by Laura Buller and Kate Simkins
(yeah, I wouldn't have chosen this one on my own...have read it to Griffin about 50 times)

Last 3 books you’ve borrowed: (library or friend)
1. The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
2. Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich
3. Island Justice by Elizabeth Winthrop

Last 2 non-fiction books you’ve read:
1. Imperfect Lives: scrapbooking the reality of your everyday by Tara Governo
2. Scrapbooking Your Faith by Courtney Walsh
Amber Nichole, author of the first blog that I'd ever read, is featured in this book!

The 1 book you wish everyone would read:
(I couldn't keep it at just one)
A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving
What's So Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancy


I'm tagging everyone...

8 comments:

Blogarita said...

The only book you mentioned that I have read is "Owen Meany"!

I think I'll take this and save it. I did a book meme not too long ago.

Anju said...

Philip Yancey is amazing. I think I liked "The Jesus I never knew" better though. Nice list and really nice blog! :)

Anonymous said...

HAVEN'T READ ANY BOOKS EXCEPT CHILDREN'S BOOKS SINCE I HAD MY FIRST CHILD....9 YRS. AGO:O

Eve said...

I can't believe that yoiu have THAT much time to read. I'm jealous... =O

Juli said...

I'm telling you...you have to join Monica, Danette and I! I just got Vanishing Act by Jodi Picoult from Monica and I'm getting ready to give her Wicked and the Ugly Stepsister. We're serious chick lit junkies.

Juli said...

P.S. here are my answers
Next 5 books on your to be read shelf:
1. Plains of Passage by Jean M Auel(currently reading)
2. Vanishing Act by Jodi Picoult
3. Shelters of Stone by Jean M Auel
4. Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella
5. Monica's book (seriously I WILL get to it)

Last 4 books you’ve read:
1. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M Auel
2. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
3. The Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
4. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (WAY too timely

Last 3 books you’ve borrowed: (library or friend)
1. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
2. Monica's book
3. The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

Last 2 non-fiction books you’ve read:
1. Sarah: Duchess of York
2. Fingerprint of the Gods (actually I've been reading on this one for 7 years)

The 1 book you wish everyone would read:
Boy's Life by Robert McCammon

EE said...

Juli-
Call me up...I'd love to meet with you guys!!
I just borrowed Wicked from my Aunt Debbie...can't wait to read it.
I'm going to the library with the kids this week, so I'm going to look into a few on your list!!

Jules said...

I know that we'll be meeting up on Tuesday night for Pink Purse. You should join us for that becuase we swap books then.