Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kid's On Track

On Monday morning, the kids and I headed out to the park for the Kid's On Track* kickoff. I hadn't been to this particular park in ages, and was surprised to see how much it had changed since our last visit.
The climbing rock was a new addition, and definitely a distraction on this day! The girls were pretty cautious, carefully placing each hand and foot in the designated holes, but Griffin climbed right up and perched himself on the top. He made me a nervous wreck, crawling around and threatening to jump.
Unfortunately, the kid is me all over again...I called my mom to apologize for all the times I had scared her with my recklessness:o





*Kid's On Track is a commmunity youth program intended to instill good health habits through running and nutrition. Children have the chance to run an intermittent 26.2 mile marathon and win prizes along the way.

Saw this on Tina's blog.
Only 50%??????
You Are 50% Weird

Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too darn weird to do anything about it!

13 comments:

green said...

I got 40% weird and same caption that you got. I think I've rated weirder before...

CrazyDeb said...

Like Green I got 40% and the same caption. We all know that's really low for me!

Have I ever told you that your blog is one of the first things I go to when I get home from work? It's a real day brightener!

Kellie said...

Love the pictures :) Glad the kids had fun.

EE said...

Awww Deb!! You made my evening!!! Love ya!!!

Gayle said...

Looks like so much fun!

Gayle

John DeMarco said...

Way to get your "Kids on Track"! Your poll ratings for Mother of the Year are definitely high.

SOULMANGE: said...

they need something like that here. for such a big place... DFW... you'd think they'd have more for kids to do...but nooooo.
love the pics.
i need a 100 % weird logo for my page! ok...maybe 90 cuz i do know i'm weird!
latah, have a good one

Lizarita said...

That looks FUN!
Any FYI: He's just boyfriend/Baby Daddy #2. For now.

Jennifer said...

Well that looked like fun!! Scary, but fun!

SOULMANGE: said...

just took the quiz... i got 20 %

moodswingingmommy said...

What a neat program! Nothing like payback for your own childhood behavior. I'm not looking forward to that!

moodswingingmommy said...

Me again...30% weird, and my boobies' names are Cheech and Chong (How could you miss that link?)

Anonymous said...

OK, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE 'WEIRDER' THAN ME! I AM ONLY 30% WEIRD!

SIS M