Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Beauty of the Blog



Tonight, I was fixing Reilly a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream. There was a disposable camera lying on the counter, so she grabbed it and said, "Wait, I need to take a picture of this."
Me: What do you need a picture of ice cream for?
Reilly: I don't know.
Me: Oh, I know, you could post the picture on your blog (she has a blog set to private so that only she and I can read it).
Reilly: I haven't written on my blog in a long time. I never know what to write. Nothing interesting ever happens to me. I do the same things every day.
Me: That's the beauty of the blog...you can write about everyday kind of stuff, and it's ok.
Sydney (piping in from the next room): Yeah, mom never writes about anything important on her blog!

Touche, Sydney, Touche!

5 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

I'm crushed! S said you never write about anything important and once you wrote about me - well Bec, Piet, and me but... Actually what she needs to know is that your family is more important than almost anything! So R you blog girl and it will be important if it's from your heart!

PS - I still love ya S! Was just kidding around above.

moodswingingmommy said...

Yum! Can I have some? I beg to differ with your daughter.

mist1 said...

I don't have anything important to say either. It doesn't stop me from posting. Five days a week of solid nothingness.

JamalT said...

I never write anything good. Doesn't mean I don't write. Tell your daughter she needs to shut the **** up (fill in that blank. It's not what you think!)

SOULMANGE: said...

that sounds like my kid. she asks me all the time why i even have a blog. like i'm not worthy. LOL. "who has a blog?" she says. she is forever harrassing me about it////yet she spends hours a day on my space, and that is okay. hmmmm. what could she possibly have to write about there? i don't even wanna know.