Monday, April 30, 2007

Holy Cow!

(Thanks for the new title, Jr)

Last night at church in the Underground, I was behind the snack bar trying to persuade the teens to purchase some sodas and snacks. Yeah, it wasn't working...I sold a grand total of 3 sodas and fixed countless cups of FREE water. I kinda suck in the sales department!
I had fun joking around with the kids and looking at their prom picts, though. I'm really enjoying being around the teens...guess it's good practice for the future, right?
Anyway, the service was getting ready to start, and one of the guys yelled out, "Hey! There's a cow out in the parking lot!"
Everyone rushed outside.
I was one of the last people to make it out there, and I saw half a dozen kids with their camera phones out, snapping picts. of a large black and white cow.
All this attention was freaking out the poor animal. It took off toward the road. While this is not usually a very busy road, it does get a fair amount of traffic. We all held our breath, sure that some poor motorist was going to make hamburger out of this heiffer.
Luckily, the drivers' were vigilant, and braked to allow the cow to cross the road.
About this time, a sheriff's car drove up. The show was over, so we all filed back into the church.
Had we been quick on our feet, we would have grabbed the cow, and programmed it into the service. Oh well, there's always next time...

_____________________________
My 10 year old daughter just spent the last 30 minutes in the shower. She popped her head out of the bathroom door and asked, "Mom, can I get back in the shower? I forgot to wash my hair."
What the heck was she doing in there????
TTFN

11 comments:

SOULMANGE: said...

ummmm... E.... that last question...just let it go. girls her age just spend a lot of time in the shower these days. sometimes a couple times a day. jsut let it go. ohhhm. lol
the cow's mighty cute though.
good thing the church won't be having a potluck any time soon !

CrazyDeb said...

Where in the world from around church did that cow come from? It had to be way down Sinclair didn't it?
As for the shower, I'm going to believe that she was imagining herself as someone else - just pretending or singing. Was she singing? Like soulmange said, just let it go. it won't be the last time that happens.

When's the big trip?????

JR's Thumbprints said...

Geeze,30 minutes in the shower! And I'm complaining of my future water bill once I refill my pool. Holy cow!

EE said...

I didn't hear her singing, Deb.
We leave for the Keys on Friday...I'm starting to freak out!!!!

DSB said...

I'll come back by later and catch up on your post, but just wanted to let you know that there are pics in the post below the one you commented on, and at the link titled 'Like A Virgin'.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

That is one "udderly" funny story.

30 minutes in the shower without washing her hair?

Did you tell her to "Get Busy"?

Christina_the_wench said...

My daughter does the same thing, only it is shaving the legs. Regulate that now. Trust me.

Gayle said...

I'm guessing you live somewhere rural cuz cow's in parking lots are rare around here.

The shower thing...what's up with that. Even my 6 year old son will stay in for a good 30 minutes and he'll come out smelling like wet dog! "So, uh, did you use soap?" I ask. "Sure mom," and he points to one location right under his elbow. I've learned to make them go back and immediately take a shower with, ya know, SOAP....whether the water is still hot or not. And sometimes I just happen to run the dishwasher and clothes washer at the same time. Just a little help in the "consequences" department.

Gayle

moosh in indy. said...

I used to be able to shower for thirty minutes at a time, until someone decided it was a good idea to poop on the floor if I took to long.

BOSSY said...

Did anyone just ask the cow to mooooove?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS TO ALPHA DUDE..HE IS PAYING ATTENTION! YOU CRACK ME UP
SIS M