Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Language Lesson

HH and Sydney were in the living room watching the Cardinals. HH, obviously upset with a certain play, busted out with "How the (insert "f" word) did he miss that?" From my bedroom, I yelled back, "HH, language!"
Then, I brought Sydney into my room, and I said, "The next time Dad says something like that, I give you permission to repeat it back to him."
She blushed and said, "I can't say THAT word, that's like taboo. I would feel funny saying THAT word."
A few minutes later, she came back in and said, "You know what you said about me having permission to repeat dad's bad words back to him...Does that mean I can do that to you, too...Cause you know you say the "s" word a lot."

She put me in my place...busted by a 12-year-old!!!
Touche, Sydney, Touche!

Later:
Syd just got done reading my entry and reminded me what she said when she left the room...
Syd: Sorry, God!
Me: What are you sorry for?
Syd: For the bad words that I might say in the future.

I love this kid!!!!!!

7 comments:

SOULMANGE: said...

that's great ! but i can one up ya. the other day my girl (13) was telling me a story about her day, and what her friends had written on their hands etc... the first time she said it...she said the "w" word....then she keeps on blabbin...then it just fell out like she says it everyday! and so and so had WH... writ.. oh mom! i'm sorry, it just slipped out!
suuuure kiddo. suuuure.
i love her though. it was actually quite funny.
it is awful hard to raise an angel when you're on your way to Hell in a handbag i guess.
take it easy.

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Brilliant!

Thank you for providing my wife and I a great gut-buster tonight.

Blessings to you and your awesome family.

CrazyDeb said...

Does HH know she has that permission? I cannot immagine his face if she actually does repeat that word to him! Would love to see it! But then, to see your face when she repeats your word! :o) In all seriousness, you're a great mom E!

DW

EE said...

Soulmange- LOL! Love the angel comment!
Alpha Dude and Wife- Glad we could provide some entertainment:)
Crazy Deb- I cannot imagine her actually saying it, but you never know! We did let HH in on it...hopefully, this will curb our potty mouths!
Are you working at church this weekend? We're going to the 4:30 service, and then I'm helping out in the Underground. I can't wait...do you think that they'll pull out the chocolate Jesus??? LOL, it wouldn't surprise me!

CrazyDeb said...

I'll be serving all 4 services. They have me as an usher at 4:30 and I dread that! For some reason it makes me really nervous. As for the chocolate Jesus - if Mat or one of those guys had the change you can bet they'd try to get it. I just love every one of them - you never know what they're going to do next! Hope to see you in the crowd! :o)

DW

EE said...

Crazy Deb- 4 services...WOW!!!
I'll definitely look you up!!
Why did you agree to usher if you don't like it? You'll be great at it, even if you are nervous.
That's what I love about Woodcrest...you never know what they're going to do. My first Easter, they had to shove my BIL back into his seat...he almost got run over by the motorcycle...too bad (LOL)

Anonymous said...

deb- God hopefully will have wings waiting for you!0:)