Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"The Boys" Will Be Protected

I walked into G3's room tonight, and found the following on his night stand.

I was a little embarrassed...felt like I had happened upon something that a mom should not ever have to happen upon.
Ok, I'm exaggerating...it wasn't quite that unsettling. Almost, but not quite.

After Griffin expressed an interest in playing catcher for his b-ball team, HH went out and purchased this little doo-dad so that "the boys" would be protected. I suppose protection is a good thing, since he's yet to catch a ball with his eyes open.
He just seems awfully young to own a cup. He picked it up tonight and said, "Why would they call this thing a cup? You can't even drink out of it."

This is how big sis reacted to the purchase...


(Comment deleted at request of daughter)

11 comments:

DSB said...

Oh, there will be payback when big sis gets her first bra!

Great blog you have here :)

Alpha Dude 1.5 said...

Just a little insurance that someday you may have grandchildren.

Big sis is rather brave to even touch that thing.

BlogWhore said...

yeah! paybacks are a bitch.

u throw her trainer in the freezer while wet.

Flawed & Disorderly said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my GAWSH! You owe him many hours of therapy. Do not be cheap! He deserves many hours of no guilt therapy with a very qualified therapist! Haaaaaa ha!

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I'm so sorry you missed the picture. It was on a different post. If you scroll down, you should be able to see a really gnarly photo of people playing Twister in their undies--dirty undies. ick.

CrazyDeb said...

I laughed out loud when I read the comment G made about it being a cup!

Jennifer said...

I'm NOT looking forward to this stage AT ALL. Ewww. Or the bra stage. My heart can't take it!

Thanks for the viewpoint and comments at my site. We may not agree, but I appreciate your opinion. It was well-stated!

theotherbear said...

eek how horrifying! She'll be scarred for life!

moosh in indy. said...

I'm still dealing with the fact that my husband has to wear underwear and I have to wash it.

Eve said...

HA HA HA HA

I love it!!! ~giggle~

John DeMarco said...

Here's why I cup is so valuable. I chose not to wear one for a long time when I played baseball as a kid. Then one time before an All-Star game I was playing catcher so our pitcher could practice and he threw a low one that hit me right in the place that should be protected.

But here's the worst part. As I was doubled over on the ground one of my coaches came over and started pumping my legs up and down (I guess this is supposed to help). It was one of the most embarrasing moments of my life.

Kerry said...

Wait till you catch him wearing it on his head. Yes, they do that.