Wednesday, March 07, 2007

That Dam Bridge

Griffin: What's your favorite bridge?
Me: I can't think of any bridges right now. What's your favorite bridge?
Griffin: Well, there's the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, and the big bridge in JC, but MY favorite bridge is that damn bridge.
Me: (trying not to freak out that my 7 year old just busted out a cuss word) And, uhhhh...what bridge would that be???
Griffin: You know...that damn bridge at the lake.
Me: Oh, you mean the Bagnell Dam bridge.
Griff: Yeah, that's the one I mean!
Whew!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am shocked that he still remembers the dam & the long boring tour!

sis m

Blogarita said...

I've been across that dam bridge a few times myself!

Here's one of my favorites. I remember riding across it when I was a child. Now you can only walk across it.

CrazyDeb said...

Oh my gosh you all crack me up!!! One of the guys I work with told me his wife said to their 4 year old the other night, "Tell Dad how much time you spent outside today." He said, "HELLO!!! I don't know how to tell time!" Kids!

DW

JR's Thumbprints said...

Here in Michigan, our favorite is The Mackinaw Bridge which connects our lower and upper peninsulas.

JamalT said...

he's grounded in my book! he needs to watch his dam mouth :)

EE said...

Lol, Jamal, you crack me up!!!!!

EE said...

Where is that bridge, Blogarita?
It looks familiar!

Eve said...

Ahhhh, I TOOO have been across that damn bridge several, several times.

Blogarita said...

It's in Warsaw, MO, crossing the Osage River. The river in that area is where Truman Lake joins Lake of the Ozarks.

Anonymous said...

do we all have 'favorite bridges'? i guess i have missed out!