Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Soundtrack of My Life


Saw this over at Big Mama's, and had to do it. I actually think that I've done this before in a previous post, but am too lazy to look it up. I'm sure that this is one is totally different, though...I'm so fickle with my music! I'm also sure that I screwed up the songs/categories...What exactly is the difference between pop and rock???
I'm tagging everyone out there that feels like doing this!

Favorite Songs From Childhood: "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield, "(Love Is) Thicker Than Water" by Andy Gibb, all the Grease tunes, "Who Can It Be Now?" by Men At Work, "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tennille (are they still together???)

Favorite High School/College Dance Songs: "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, "Kiss" by Prince, "Wild Wild West" by Escape Club, "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard, "Wild Thing" by Tone Loc, "Vogue" by Madonna, "Unbelievable" by EMF, "Groove Is In The Heart" by Dee-lite, "O.P.P." by Naughty by Nature

Senior Class Song:I'd have to look it up to be sure, but I think it was "Friends" by Michael W. Smith...probably the cheesiest song of all times! I loved it then, but couldn't stand to listen to it now.

Favorite Rock & Roll Songs: "American Pie" by Don McLean, "Closer To Fine" by Indigo Girls; "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, "It's The End of The World" by REM

Favorite Disco Songs: "Hot Stuff" and "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer, "Brick House" by The Commodores (those totally remind me of the roller skating rink)

Favorite Country & Western Songs: "Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts, "Yes" by Chad Brock, "Rodeo" by Garth Brooks, "Something Like That" by Tim McGraw, "I Like It, I Love It" by Tim McGraw, "This Kiss" by Faith Hill, "There's Your Trouble" by The Dixie Chicks, "Bye Bye" by Jo Dee Messina, "It's A Little Too Late" by Tanya Tucker, "I Could Not Ask For More" by Sara Evans

Favorite Pop Songs: "Faith" by George Michael, "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield, "No Scrubs" by TLC, "Breathe" by Anna Nalick, "Unwell" by Matchbox 20, "This Love" by Maroon 5, "Everywhere To Me" by Michelle Branch

Favorite Love Songs: "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain, "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait, "Groovy Kind of Love" by Phil Collins, "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton, "I Love The Way You Love Me" by John Michael Montgomery

Favorite Break Up Songs: "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx, "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morrisette (don't play this one around the kids:0), "Seperate Ways" by Journey, "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds, "With or Without You" by U2, "Drive" by The Cars (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I had a lot of break ups!)

Favorite Make Out Songs: Anything by Sade, I guess. We don't have access to music in our bathroom or closet...lol, we've had at least one kid in bed with us for the past 12 years!

Songs That Makes You Cry: Thanks to my Lexi-pro...I very RARELY cry now (only if I miss a few days). In the past, though, I found these songs pretty sad: see Favorite Break Up Songs.

Songs About Your Kids: With all the kids, I remember playing the song "Return To Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins, over and over again, when the kids were babies. Barney was also a savior in the car. We loved the song "If All The Raindrops"..."ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh"!
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" from Wizard of Oz is the song Sydney sung for show-and-tell at Southwest Playschool when she was four.
"I'm Alright" by Jo Dee Messina- Reilly couldn't really talk, but would try to belt it out from her carseat whenever we had to go anywhere.
"Oops I Did It Again" by Britney Shears (oops, Spears)- Griff couldn't talk (or babble, for that matter), but would dance around in his diaper and t-shirt with a microphone, whenever the girls put on the cd.

Song That Reminds You Of Your Husband: "The Dance" by Garth Brooks (HH in the cowboy boots that he always wore when we were dating), "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by Spin Doctors (HH totally does not remember this, but when we first started dating, he would sing this all the time in his car- I remember thinking what a good voice he had...and cute butt), "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed, "My Front Porch Looking In" by Lonestar.

Favorite Gospel/Praise songs: In high school, my absolute favorite Christian album was "Age To Age" by Amy Grant. I loved- and knew all the words to- every song on this album.
More recent favorites are... "Our Love Is Loud" by David Crowder Band, "Better Is One Day" by John Tesh (don't laugh...I still LOVE his version of this song), "No One Like You" by David Crowder Band, "Dive" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

Favorite Ringtone on Cellphone: Don't have one...can't figure out how to put them on my new phone. In the past, though, I've always seemed to be attracted to the popular/predictible songs...lol!

2 comments:

Household Executive said...

What a cool post! I am not sure I could even think of all of the songs that I have liked in the past. I might try to tackle this one if I have some extra time to sit down and really think it through! Adding the link would take the longest I think...no????

EE said...

Yes, I realized how time consuming that was (adding the links) about a quarter of the way in...
It was definitely fun, though!!!