Monday, February 05, 2007

Sin...It Ain't What It's Cracked Up To Be!


Sydney came home from The Middle Ground at church a few weeks ago looking like this (see tongue and finger). She was talking a mile a minute about the lesson. Evidently, they had a contest to see who could eat a packet of Kool-aid (without sugar) the fastest. The kids thought that this was going to be soooo much fun...until they actually started eating the Kool-aid crystals. Not only was it not quite as much fun as they anticipated, but they were left with a little stain on their tongues. This activity was meant to represent sin. Sometimes, doing things we shouldn't looks quite appealing (this is almost always true for me!). As you get into it, though, you find out that it's not quite what it's cracked up to be...not only that, but sometimes it can leave a little "stain" on you or more importantly, your heart.
I know I've probably screwed this up in some way, but you get the drift. What a great lesson for us all, don't you think????

Oh, I accidentally deleted a couple of comments before posting them (my sis informed me of this today). So sorry if yours was one of them...by the time that I realized what had happened, my emails had permanently deleted themselves :(

No comments: