Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pups In The Snow




Cody loves to play in the snow...he runs in it, lays in it, and burrows his nose down in it. But, does he poop in it??????
Nope, he saves that for our carpet:(

We have a true juvenile delinquent who lives behind us. He's been in trouble at school for bringing bb guns (yes, plural) in his backpack. He memorized the garage door code of a friend down the street, and stole beer when they were gone. We think he's responsible for two garage doors that were spray painted this summer.
Now, he has been charged with 2 counts of first degree robbery. I talked to the mother of my girls' friends who live next door to the teen. Last week, he broke into their garage, while they were asleep, and stole money and a cell phone from her car.
That same night, he broke into the basement of another house on the street and stole $3,000 worth of things from them....SCARY!!!!
What's even scarier, is the fact that the sheriff lives directly across the street from the teen:0
We live in a very nice neighborhood. Crime appears to know no boundaries, though...it really sucks! Griffin is constantly asking to go shovel the snow in the backyard (I'm not even going there...he shovels everything but the driveway and sidewalks), but I won't let him go back there without HH, myself, or one of the girls. Isn't that sad????
Do I worry about this kid breaking into our house? Not if he wants to deal with this guy...
Cosmo scares the crap out of anyone who comes near our house. This really used to irritate me, but now...not so much!!!!!

2 comments:

CrazyDeb said...

I'm not so sure I'd let the girls go out back by themselves with this kid living there. Do his parents try to discipline him? I believe there are some kids who, no matter what you do or say to them, are going to act badly. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this stuff in such a great neighborhood.

CrazyDeb

Mindi said...

We looked at the house the sheriff lives in back in the late summer. We almost put an offer on it! Now I am glad we decided against moving!