Monday, February 26, 2007

Nine Is Divine!


Here's nine things that you could probably do without knowing about me...
(I never seem to be able to get around to the Thursday Thirteen, so I made up my own)
1. I absolutely LOVE labor and delivery! I don't even mind the being pregnant part.
I could do without the weight gain and loss. I gained 50, 52, 51 pounds, respectively, with each pregnancy. Which leads me to...
2. I worry about my weight ALL THE TIME! This is probably because I'm obsessed with food!
3. I'm a hypochondriac. There is ALWAYS something wrong with me...just ask my fam!
4. I don't like to drive. I gladly give up the driver's seat if there's someone else who is willing to take the wheel. I can't wait until Sydney turns 16...I'll have my own personal chauffeur!
5. I can't help my 6th grader with her math...sometimes, I can barely help my 4th grader...Ok, I can't even really help her:0
6. I have a thing for prematurely greying hair...especially HH's!
7. "Holier-than-though" Christians tick me off...I much prefer those who are "lost". (Yes, I'm just as judgemental as those who I am judging...I'm working on that)
8. HH and I got together at Stone Hill Winery, and we both really don't care for wine (though we wish we did).
9. I HATE stuffed animals!!!!! Poor Reilly...she absolutely loves them.

Oh, I just learned the definition for the term Meme. I see this word all the time on blogs, but have been too embarrassed to ask what it means.
As per the Glossary for Paper Chain Letters: Meme. As defined by Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976): "a unit of cultural transmission, or a unit of imitation." "Examples of memes are tunes, ideas, catch-phrases, clothes fashions, ways of making pots or of building arches. Just as genes propagate themselves in the gene pool by leaping from body to body via sperms or eggs, so memes propagate themselves in the meme pool by leaping from brain to brain via a process which, in the broad sense, can be called imitation." In this sense, chain letter components are memes. TTFN

3 comments:

JamalT said...

#5 is funny. mostly because my mom can't help me with my math either.

Household Executive said...

You and I are pretty alike! I am definitely a hypochondriac! Hope I am not passing that on to my kiddos. :)

Kellie said...

I am SUCH a hypochondriac!! Glad to know I'm not the only one out there!! Let's share our fears sometime...see who's is more outrageous :)