Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup


I have a lot of respect and admiration for full-time working mothers. Heck, I have a lot of respect and admiration for anyone who works full-time!
I substituted every day last week, and I am exhausted! I could tell that Reilly was trying to come down with something, but she was a trooper and held off until Friday. Friday morning, she woke up very congested, glassy eyes, and complained that her throat felt like it was closing in. Still, she said she wanted to try to go to school. HH had already left with Syd, and I was scheduled to be at PK at 8:30. We got in the car and were on our way to their school, when I finally realized that I couldn't send her...she looked miserable.
We dropped off Griffin, and then headed to PK. I checked in at the office, and asked if I could leave her in the nurse's room until they could find a sub for me. Armed with a book and a teenie bopper magazine, she got settled on the plastic-covered bed.
A few minutes later, I got a call from the office telling me that she had a low grade fever, and that they were still trying to find a replacement for me.
This is really sad, but I was kind of glad that she had a temperature... a confirmation to the staff that I was not just trying to get out of work.
We didn't get out of there until noon. I was actually surprised that they found someone...it's almost impossible to find subs on Fridays. I was going to go by McDonalds and get her something for lunch, but she declined...she was definitely sicker than I thought (teehee)!
Saturday morning HH and Sydney travelled to JC to visit his Grandmother in the hospital. We found out that Grandma R had had a heart attack and was in ICU. She is doing better now, but they are waiting until she gains strength before going in to do a heart cath. I'll keep you posted.
Reilly requested Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch yesterday, and Syd and I spent the rest of the day singing the Webstar song that I have posted, yet again, for the occassion.
I'll write later about our Unibomber sighting...tee hee!

1 comment:

CrazyDeb said...

You do work full time in the most important job there is - raising your children! You are doing a remarkable job!! I'm sorry R was sick and hope the chicken noodle soup helped. I am picturing you and S going around the house singing that song. Love it!

CrazyDeb