Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Beware of The Space Heater



Our house is a year and a half old. Our heater is fine, yet we LOVE the warmth of the space heater. We've heard all of the horror stories about space heaters getting knocked over and causing house fires, so we've tried to be careful. What we didn't realize, though, was that the REAL danger of space heaters lies in the fact that they overload the electrical circuits. This is what the space heater did to one of our outlets...kind of freaky, isn't it?

3 comments:

Amy P said...

How creepy. Good think you were around to catch it before it got worse.

CrazyDeb said...

This is scary! I went downstairs and Sara is at work and the space heater left on. She and I are going to talk about that and I'm going to show her these pictures. So glad you didn't have a lot of damage!!!

CrazyDeb

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Please get rid of your space heater. Don't get a new one. They are too dangerous!
sister m