Thursday, December 07, 2006

Beware of EBAY!!

I had a message last night on my answering machine from my cousin, Laura. Laura and her family live in Virginia...very close to Washington D.C. While we don't talk often, maybe a couple of times a year, she's one of those people with whom there is no awkwardness when we do make contact... she's awesome!!!
Anyway, she told me that she'd been reading my blog, and saw my last entry about my EBAY problem. She told me that she had gotten a similar email from what she thought was EBAY that wound up being someone trying to coax her personal info and passwords out of her. Luckily, she got distracted, and her husband told her he thought it was a hoax. He went directly to the EBAY site, and sent them the email in question. They discovered that this was a common scam and was, indeed, bogus.
This sounds similar to what is happening to me, however, these dirtbags (sorry, I'm ticked) already have my information and are listing items to sell using my account. Not only that, but they are trying to sell illegal copies of "Sex and the City", "Friends", "X-men", etc. It's a mess!
And, to make matters worse, my computer is being rehauled and I have been trying to do all this on Sydney's laptop. Yesterday, the "i" and "k" keys were not working...ugh! Have you ever tried to write a letter without these letters????
Just try it...not fun!!!
ANYWAY, I was sooooo glad to hear from Laura!!! I think we are going to try to plan a trip to see her family in June...hope it works out!!!! Here are some pictures of her fam...aren't they gorgeous????
Laura's Fam
Laura's Fam
Laura's Fam
Laura's Fam
Doesn't she look like my niece, HK??????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EE,
I have a friend who tried to buy a car on Ebay. He was scammed too! After he emailed the person and told him that he wanted to buy the car. The guy sent a personal email to him saying that he pulled the car from ebay so he would not need to pay ebay fees. He then asked for the money to be sent to his account. It all looked very professional. Turns out, the guy lives in Budapest. He was raising money for terrorism. My friend has the FBI involved and the guy is in jail as we speak! BE CAREFUL OF EBAY

EE said...

I'm DONE with EBAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are scaring me. I'm always on eBay and haven't had any bad experiences. Love the deals but am a bit nervous about it now.

DW

Anonymous said...

EE,

Okay I have to complain about the picture of me. John is in trouble for even sending that one out from a day at the amusement park in 100 degree heat and 100% humidity. As you can see the kiddos were taking advantage of the water maze. Anyway, it was good talking to you and we would love you to come visit...as long as I have editing control over any pictures you take of me!!! LJB-M

EE said...

LOL...I think you look beautiful!!!!