Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Fastest Kid In Thornbrook

I've got the fastest kid in Thornbrook!!!
Our subdivision sponsors an annual run/walk to raise money for Coyote Hill- a group home for abused and neglected children. We've always had other commitments (usually soccer), so this was the first time that we've competed in this event. I wasn't planning on going (hoping to sleep in), but the girls (and their friends) were up early this morning, so I got my butt out of bed, and took them to the race.
Kennedy and Sydney
Sydney and Kennedy were really ambitious...they did the 5K!! I was soooo proud of them...3.1 miles!!!!!! Kennedy came in 1 second before Syd, and they got 1st and 2nd in the Girls Under 20 division!!!
After the Race
Reilly and Lauren did the kid's one-mile run and placed 1st and 3rd, respectively!!! All the girls came home with medals, and Reilly brought home this honkin' trophy (for the year)!!!!!Reilly Trophy She ran the mile in 7:05 seconds and it was a CLOSE race!!! The girl that she barely beat, had won the race the past 2 years.
Poor Reilly blew chunks at the finish line. I had to sneak back later for the photo...please DON'T tell her you saw this!!!!LOL
Vomit

As for myself, I did the 2 mile walk with Corrie and Claire...I'm exhausted and am going down for a nap as soon as I log off...TTFN

No comments: