Thursday, October 26, 2006

What A Lovely Thong!!!

Reilly: The boys in my class are SOOOOOO gross!! During music we were singing this song, 'What a lovely song' and the boys kept singing 'What a lovely THONG' and 'What a lovely BRA.' DISGUSTING!!!! LOL

I had to almost drag Reilly out of Claire's Boutique at the mall last Saturday afternoon....She loves to look at all of the cheap, tacky jewelry (mostly adorned with monkeys) that she'll never be able to wear. I think I've written about her nickel (and other metal) allergy.
As we were leaving, she started tearing up and going through the It's not fair ritual. (During these meltdowns, I've learned to nod my head sympathetically, agree with her, tell her, "Yes, that stinks", blah, blah, blah....) Debbie and I suggested that maybe she could put 24 carat gold earrings on her Christmas list...to which she responded, "I don't like gold...I like silver!" Anyway, we got her settled down, with promises of platinum or white gold earrings to come (years from now, of course!)
Tonight, as she's lying in bed, completely out of the blue she says, "Mom, I don't want to get my ears pierced...It looks like it hurts." WTH (heck)???? I said, "Reilly, you know what it feels like to have your ears pierced, you've had it done TWICE." Sheepishly she replied, "Oh yeah, I forgot." UGHHHHHHHHH!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She forgot she had her ears pierced twice? Now I don't feel so bad about looking for my glasses and the whole time their either in my hand or on my face!

DW

EE said...

LOL DW...yes, the first time she had them pierced, she was 4 years old. Had to let them grow back because of the rashes that broke out all over her body. We tried again a few years later...same thing happened:(

EE said...

DW...have you ever been looking for your cell phone, while you're actually talking on it???? I'm guilty of that!!!!!!

EE said...

DW...have you ever been looking for your cell phone, while you're actually talking on it???? I'm guilty of that!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't mention my cell phone in front of Lisa C! I never turn it on and am not even sure where it is right now and she's always calling me on it. You'd think she'd learn! I don't like talking on phones! :o)

DW