Monday, October 23, 2006

This One's For the Girls

Last Friday, Sydney was out of school for a teacher workday. What did she want to do???? What every other pre-teen in america wants to do...go to the mall with a friend.
I was a little freaked out by this. Should I let her out of my sight??? Should I lurk and stalk 25 yrds behind??? Should I insist that they stay by my side??? After discussing this with Deanna (A's mom) and several other moms with older kids, I decided to split with the girls for 45 minutes. Sydney and A, armed with a cell phone and strict instructions not to talk to strangers or leave the mall with ANYONE, happily took off on their own.
Sydney was so cute...she was a little unsettled by being in the mall without mom right by her side. I got 4 phone calls during this time period...to find out where I was, and to let me know where they were.
While she was excited to be with A, I don't think that this will be a REGULAR activity for her...........for now:0 TTFNSydney and Allysa
Sydney and Allysa
Sydney and Allysa

1 comment:

Ken said...

Demostrates a caring and loving mother. Way to go!