Monday, September 11, 2006

Boys Book Selections...BAD!!!!

Just finished reading this book for about the 50th time to Griffin. I don't think that I can do it again...Does this make me a bad parent??????
I've tried to persuade him to let me read chapter books, like The Magic Treehouse series, but no dice:( It's all about Star Wars and Superheros....ugh!
He's also started bringing home library books about volcanos and tornados...talk about sleepers!!!!
I miss the days when I got to read books like this... (my all-time favorite children's book)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to be discouraging but I'm 52 and my brother is 54 - our mom can still recite word for word Howdy Doodie Goes on Safari because we wanted it read every night! At one place the book read, "Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!" and if she only read 3 bangs we would stop and correct her. With Philip (my nephew)it was a book about a fire house and the fire equipment. Sorry, my friend, it just goes with the territory of being a mom.

Love ya!
DW

Anonymous said...

when g spent the night with us this weekend, all he talked about was tornadoes. and, he could tell us a lot about them, too!
md